The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-18-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
Del72Chevy

One Piece Window from Brothers..

Anyone else install the one piece window kit from brothers on your pick-up and realize it was a mistake? After spending close to $1000 to get the little crappy piece of metal molded into the door and painted to match I find out that was not the only problem with the kit.(I like how they say to leave it unpainted for the "custom billet" look, that thing looks like poop.) Anyway my problem now is that the rubber window scrapper on the outside doesn't fit. On one side it does not even touch the window so it stops no water and on the other side its so tight the window can not go up and down. If anyone has an answer to this let me know. If you are thinking about buying the kit....DON'T
Del72Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
Timbo1

Re: One Piece Window from Brothers..

Are THE DOORS ORIGINAL OR AFTERMARKET? My kit went in very smoooth and works perfect. Took about 4hrs total and I added A-1 power windows also. I did have my door off already when I installed it. You have the lower track measurement correct? Let me know if i can help.
Timbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:45 PM   #3
Tim Christian

The kit we put on my sons truck went well also. Took about 6 hands at times but other that that I like it.
Tim Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:27 PM   #4
Del72Chevy

They are original doors I did the install by myself it was easy enough, no complaints on installing just mad at the rubber pieces that are supposed to stop rain from getting inside the door. I didn't know if anyone found scrapers with softer rubber.
Posted via Mobile Device
Del72Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:41 PM   #5
70shortwide

i bought it and the corner peice fit like crap it had a 1/4 gap at the bottom. i called and asked them and they said to mold it as well but i was not going to do that so i returned it for a refund.
70shortwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #6
Fldawg

Wish i would not have done mine, the issue with the scappers are the same
drivers door sucks and the passenger door is like butter. don't know if my drivers door was repop or not. if i could of found a set of nos wing windows , i would have done that. Also my window kit was 1st gen the newer ones i heard fit better.
Fldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:57 PM   #7
El Campo

Did you get the hole drilled at the right place down by the bottom hinge? Don't know if this would affect the window position or not but I wonder if it might not cause a problem like that if it wasn't drilled perfectly. Just thinking out loud..
Posted via Mobile Device
72 Chevy SWB: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=486626 (Attempt/Mistake #2)
2003 Harley Davidson Dyna Superglide with 2007 Street Bob front end
2000 Ford F350 Powerstroke 4WD CCLB, 310,000 miles running great (STOLEN St. Patricks Day 2014 AND NEVER RECOVERED)
2002 Ford F250 Powerstroke 4WD CCLB (To replace stolen one)
Hook em Horns!!!
El Campo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #8
Ackattack

I would not install these again either. My scrapers are catch on the glass and don't sit nicely on the glass and the passenger side leaks air like crazy.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:39 AM   #9
azsmokey

We installed these windows on our 72K-10. Horrible fit and finish!!! I would take them out and go back to the vent windows if I could, but the genius who designed the kit made sure you can't do that. You have to cut, saw, drill and modify almost every piece of the original equipment which renders them unusable!!! Idiotic design. DO NOT USE THEM!!!!!!
azsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:01 PM   #10
domeier

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsmokey View Post
...I would take them out and go back to the vent windows if I could, but the genius who designed the kit made sure you can't do that...
That's incredible. It'd make sense if the vent hardware was welded in, but since in all unbolts... what the hell? I like the look and security aspect of the one-piece, but I find the wing vents are too nice to get rid of. They make for a nice breeze when you open them all the way out.
domeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:19 PM   #11
AusTx68

I have mixed feelings about these windows. They achieved the look I was after BUT they are certainly not functional. They don't seal worth a damn which means a lot of wind noise, you can't roll them while the truck is moving (wind sucks them outward), and the corner piece fitment is garbage. NO WAY would I recommend these for a daily driver!

The loss of functionality for me was not that important. My trucks hibernates during the winter and does shows/weekend cruises during the summer. So if you like the look, go for it. Just don't roll them up!

Old 12-19-2011, 02:53 PM   #12
Jamie @ BROTHERS

PMed the above having problems with the OPWK. If there are any more people with questions or anyone who who like to discuss install please feel free to PM me or call me at Brothers Truck Parts.
thank you,
Jamie
Jamie @ BROTHERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:27 AM   #13
Last_Paladin

Wow... thought about doing these with power windows and door locks.

Making me re-think that.
Last_Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:16 AM   #14
68gmsee

Location: Centrally located between Houston, Austin and Waco. BCS area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie @ BROTHERS View Post
PMed the above having problems with the OPWK. If there are any more people with questions or anyone who who like to discuss install please feel free to PM me or call me at Brothers Truck Parts.
thank you, Jamie
I hadn't seen this post, but I sure appreciate someone from the supplier side at least taking an interest in the problem.
68gmsee is offline   Reply With Quote