The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-29-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

Avoid Performance Online

I've never run across a worse company to do business with. After patiently waiting 3 months for them to resolve a fitment issue with a big brake kit, I finally pressed them for a refund. Long story short, all they offered was a store credit if I returned the items and
  1. the items must never have been installed
  2. returned in the original packaging

I did not keep the original packages. My bad on that assuming the parts would fit. I took pictures and sent them to them showing how their parts wouldn't fit.

Also, the fine print says for a refund, the parts must be returned within 10 days.

Don't take chances - buy from a forum vendor that has a strong reputation of customer support. $700 lesson learned.
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #2
LEEVON

Re: Avoid Performance Online

Ouch. So basically they don't have a return policy...was that for project US Tom? What were the fitment issues, curious because I think this is the 3rd big brake fiasco I've read about this week (unless I read about this same one already). Hopefully you can find a buyer for your stuff of make it work, I would hate to have a $700 paperweight in my shop.

You waited 3 months, tell them your return period is the same. Basta'ds.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #3
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

No, this is on the Biscayne. Which reminds me of another point or two. The reason the drop spindles don't work is because they drilled the spindles with the wrong taper for the ball joint spindles. Then they have the gall to tell me it's a special order part and they can't take it back. They advertise on their ^%#^&# website it is a kit for 59 - 60 Chevy's!
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #4
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Man that stinks. I'm not sure how they can stay in business with that kind of an attitude.
Posted via Mobile Device
kingsolver72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #5
DennisP

Thanks for posting this. I was just about to place an order with them for some drop spindles for my 68 truck. They are located less than 3 miles from me so I was thinking they would be convenient for me to do business with. I will now have second thoughts!
DennisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #6
TheSuspensionSource

I could be wrong but I thought that company was owned by the same company who owns Western Chassis?
TheSuspensionSource is offline   Reply With Quote