The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-13-2009, 12:19 AM   #1
jdurant

WIW? Clean 82 2wd

Well, the time has come to put my Blazer on the market. I have been working on this thing since spring in my very limited spare time and I am finally done. Or atleast I am done working on it. I am ready to focus on one of my other projects.
I wanted to check here first and make sure my idea of value isn't off. I know I can be proud of my stuff sometimes. And honestly, I wanted to make sure everybody knows it's available.

Mods, I think I am allowed to do this here, but please remove if I have broken any rules.

It's a very stock, clean, 82 Silverado 2wd 305/700r4 with 127,000 original miles. I think it is a great original color combo. That's Light Bronze Metallic on white, with tan (saddle?) interior. A/C, Tilt, Cruise, Electric windows and doorlocks, everything works as it should (except the clock only works sometimes, and the voltage meter reads low--Oh, and the heater, now). The paint seemed fairly new when I bought it 1 1/2 years ago. For some reason they did not repaint the bottom white section??. It's got a few flaws and scratches here and there, but overall it looks very nice and shiney. It runs and drives great, nice and tight. Oh, it's a little loud for my taste, it has a flowmaster and is dumped before the axle. Good tires with staggered 8" and 10" rally wheels. A JVC cd player with new Boston Accustic 6x9s. It is certainly not perfect, but a darn good driver. It was my daily driver since I bought it, until...

I blew a head gasket months ago. So, went through everything north of there. It's got brand new: head gaskets, manifold gaskets, timing set and gasket, valve seals, plugs, intake gasket, thermostat, waterpump, valve cover gaskets, rebuilt quadrajet, lots of new vaccum lines and hoses. I tried to clean everything up and painted a few things while I was there. Along with fairly new: alternator, battery, cap, rotor, wires, blower motor, brake pads, shoes, and master cylinder and booster. Shortly after I bought it, chasing a water-in-floorboard problem, I went through the a/c box, cleaned everything out, resealed everything, replaced heater core while I was there. Pulled the carpet and seats, cleaned everything, and put dynomat in the front half of the cab. Oh, the transmission was supposedly rebuilt six months before I purchased it. I have been driving it the last few weeks and have put about 1000 miles on it, since I put it back together. It is running better than ever now, and should for a long time.

Issues:
It has a sagging headliner

On about my third drive after getting it all back together, the one year old heater core gave out. I just bypassed it for the time being. I was hoping I would be able to sell it without messing with it.

It also has a very minor oil leak. It leaves about a 1.5" drop overnight--it could be oil pan, or rear main seal. It doesn't show on the dipstick yet.

And, the driver's side front tire is showing extra wear toward the inside, so it could use an alignment, was planning on doing that after I dropped it.

And finally, refering back to the water in floorboard problem, there is a small hole in the passenger side rocker. It is not active, the problem has been stopped, treated and coated(See last pic). There was no damage to the floorboard.

Oh and that is a dash cap/cover not the original pad.

I took all these pics today. Ignore the rallies in the back. And I do have the spare and bracket and stuff, along with original 82 grill, push guards, and chrome window vents.

I think that is everything. What do you think it is worth?

87 GMC Sierra SWB
82 Chevy K5 Blazer 2wd

Last edited by jdurant; 07-13-2009 at 12:37 AM.
jdurant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:21 AM   #2
jdurant

Re: WIW? Clean 82 2wd

87 GMC Sierra SWB
82 Chevy K5 Blazer 2wd
Old 07-13-2009, 08:15 AM   #3
tvblazer78
Low & Fast!

Jason, what would you like to get out of it? pics can only tell you so much, it looks very clean.
tvblazer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:37 AM   #4
fiyaweed06

sweet notch
fiyaweed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:00 PM   #5
jdurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvblazer78 View Post
Jason, what would you like to get out of it? pics can only tell you so much, it looks very clean.
I don't know Trent, I guess $6500-$7000 is what I have had on my mind. Do you think I can get that, with those couple issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiyaweed06 View Post
sweet notch
Thanks, man.
87 GMC Sierra SWB
82 Chevy K5 Blazer 2wd
Old 07-14-2009, 11:00 AM   #6
bagged74
its just $$$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdurant View Post
I don't know Trent, I guess $6500-$7000 is what I have had on my mind. Do you think I can get that, with those couple issues?.
im not gonna tell you its not worth that, but i dont think the economy will allow you to get that for it. You would have to find just the right buyer. I watch the value of these things closely all the time, as I usually have one for sale.
At the risk of hurting your feelings, im gonna say right now with the way things are and comparing to others i have seen for sale. The value would be somewhere between $4-5000
bagged74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:14 PM   #7
jdurant

Don't worry, as a car guy, you shouldn't wear your feelings about value on your sleeve. These things are rarely good investments. I've been worried I was gonna take a hit on this one.

But, yeah--I guess I'll have to find the right buyer.
I was just hoping that the general consensus would be a little higher with all the new parts, drivability(I think it'll drive anywhere), and cleanliness, and if somebody wanted it with the those Irocs I have been trying to sell--I would throw those in too (Do you think those would make it sell better?) . I too, keep a pretty good watch on the market, especially locally. It seems like when you look at one in person: everything is either an incomplete basketcase, somebody trying to flip a $2k truck for $4k, or something that somebody invested "$20K" back in 96--so they want way too much.

Thanks, that's why I posted this. And I don't necessarily disagree, but would really appreciate more opinions, please.
87 GMC Sierra SWB
82 Chevy K5 Blazer 2wd
Old 07-14-2009, 12:27 PM   #8
dan76

Throw on Craigslist and see what type of response you get. Let us know when you do so.
dan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:41 PM   #9
SBTork
Garage wrench

If you were in my area, i'd say 4,500 - 5,500 would sell it. I know i'd pay $4K for it no problem. No insult intended, I would consider this a very nice 2wd K5.

90 V1500 GMC Suburban 350/700R4/NP241.....
01 Saturn SL1 stock DD.....
SBTork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:48 PM   #10
tvblazer78
Low & Fast!

I was thinking 5k for a good starting point. It's just a bad time to sell about anything..
tvblazer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:13 PM   #11
Tony_SS

That is one sharp Blazer. I'm actually in the market, but that's out of my price range. I'm looking to trade or sell my truck to get one. Good luck with the sale!
Tony_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:38 PM   #12
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Joseph, you might considering posting pics with the 20's. Some like them, some don't but it shows that option.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:56 AM   #13
jdurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
Joseph, you might considering posting pics with the 20's. Some like them, some don't but it shows that option.
That's what I was thinking too.
87 GMC Sierra SWB
82 Chevy K5 Blazer 2wd