The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 03:47 AM   #51
SlowYourRoll

Re: Is this that rare corvette option C10

Whether or not you like the truck doesn't really matter all that much as long as the owner likes it. Whether it's just a different paint job color, airbags and 20s, or a chop top, late model bed, and custom fiberglass car front clip.

As long as the owner likes it, good for him! If you hate it, great, smirk to yourself but calling him out wont really help anyone. It might just hurt his feelings.

With that said... What sucks the most for the owner is that his truck represents a significant amount of time and money and when he ever decides he has to sell it, he may either lose money on his work or never sell it. You have to find a buyer who already likes what you have done when it is something at that level.

We've all seen those trucks on eBay or Craigslist where we are like $40,000?!? Damn, if only it was blue instead of olive green, etc.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #52
Shyguy

This is not a typical 67-72 truck, it is a custom built truck for a specific owner and I would drive it.

Whoever built the truck should be praised for their over the top custom fabrication skills.

I am the kind of person that likes to check out all kinds of customized vehicles so I would like to see what else was done, including the engine compartment and the interior.
'92 GMC K-3500 Duallie, 454/4L80E.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #53
davepl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowYourRoll View Post
Whether or not you like the truck doesn't really matter all that much as long as the owner likes it. Whether it's just a different paint job color, airbags and 20s, or a chop top, late model bed, and custom fiberglass car front clip.

As long as the owner likes it, good for him! If you hate it, great, smirk to yourself but calling him out wont really help anyone. It might just hurt his feelings.Posted via Mobile Device
You're entirely correct. I think sometimes I get defensive about the whole "slammed on 20s" look because I don't care for it, and secretly worry people will think I'm "square" for rolling around at stock ride height with 16" rims!

Unless someone starts cutting up a big-block, short-bed Sierra Grande, I have no problem. There's no shortage of these trucks, so cut 'em how you like 'em!
Old 11-10-2012, 08:36 PM   #54
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JointTech View Post
why is this thread not shutdown?
Ask and ye shall receive!

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
Closed Thread