The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-18-2009, 09:31 AM   #101
toddtheodd
The oddest Todd around

Re: how to do a burnout?

Another way to do a burnout is to crank the steering wheel hard left (or right), and slam the accelerator into the radiator.

Try not to vomit when it gets to spinning.
"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters." Ghengis Khan

IIOY???
toddtheodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:15 PM   #102
BB70c10
BB70c10

i've seen first hand the damage overreving can do during a burnout.We were at the dealership i work at late one night wet sanding my buddy's 84 chevy truck.It usually sits on 44's but he had 33's on it so we could reach it.It has a decent 383 stroker in it.We were messing around with our little 4 cyl. daily drivers doing burnouts down the middle of the shop(at that time a brand new multi million dollar shop).My buddy decided to join in with his truck.He was doing a burnout standing still and the engine was screaming.All of a sudden, BANG!!!The drive shaft came flying out from under the truck,flew half way across the shop.It busted a guys taillight and hit a 20k dollar toolbox before it stopped.We looked under the truck and the bellhousing was cracked 2/3 of the way around and the transmission was leaking fluid from a hole busted in it.We spent about 2 hrs trying to clean up the black marks and trans fluid.we thought we got away it,but i walked in the next morning and the manager,shop foreman and half the shop was hosing down the entire shop.I learned 3 lessons that night,dont drink beer and do burnouts at work,burnouts and breaking driveshafts could kill people,and dont use enviornmentally friendly brake cleaner to clean up a tile shop floor-your service manager will bust his a$$ when walks in the door the next morning.It was fun to watch though.
BB70c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:45 PM   #103
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

OMG @ the Dodge truck! Holy crap!

I'll bet that was fun explaining that to the insurance company.

Speaking of burnouts... my truck is a one legger... it's about time for me to swap rear tires so they match
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:29 AM   #104
highperf4x4
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB70c10 View Post
i've seen first hand the damage overreving can do during a burnout.We were at the dealership i work at late one night wet sanding my buddy's 84 chevy truck.It usually sits on 44's but he had 33's on it so we could reach it.It has a decent 383 stroker in it.We were messing around with our little 4 cyl. daily drivers doing burnouts down the middle of the shop(at that time a brand new multi million dollar shop).My buddy decided to join in with his truck.He was doing a burnout standing still and the engine was screaming.All of a sudden, BANG!!!The drive shaft came flying out from under the truck,flew half way across the shop.It busted a guys taillight and hit a 20k dollar toolbox before it stopped.We looked under the truck and the bellhousing was cracked 2/3 of the way around and the transmission was leaking fluid from a hole busted in it.We spent about 2 hrs trying to clean up the black marks and trans fluid.we thought we got away it,but i walked in the next morning and the manager,shop foreman and half the shop was hosing down the entire shop.I learned 3 lessons that night,dont drink beer and do burnouts at work,burnouts and breaking driveshafts could kill people,and dont use enviornmentally friendly brake cleaner to clean up a tile shop floor-your service manager will bust his a$$ when walks in the door the next morning.It was fun to watch though.
I am NOT partying with you guys!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
OMG @ the Dodge truck! Holy crap!

I'll bet that was fun explaining that to the insurance company.

Speaking of burnouts... my truck is a one legger... it's about time for me to swap rear tires so they match
You simply need to rotate more often
highperf4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:51 AM   #105
UltraBlue71

Plant your rear tires in a puddle of dish soap, then hammer down! We got a Tracker to smoke em doing this, I dont recommend nuetral drops tho, I twisted a driveshaft in half doing those in my Scout one night. Revvvved it waaaaaay up in nuetral then dropped it into drive, after about 6-7 times, EPIC FAIL!!!! ahhh yes fond high school memories....

71 LWB

Last edited by UltraBlue71; 10-21-2009 at 11:53 AM.
UltraBlue71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:38 PM   #106
TCLARK

Back in the day we would just catch it rolling back and then drop it in low and nail it !
TCLARK is offline   Reply With Quote