The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-28-2015, 01:59 PM   #251
orange72blazer

Re: Ice cream getter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONOSADSACK View Post
orange72blazer
Wow. So cool to see pictures and thanks for posting them. I only took one picture all weekend and didn’t think to snap a picture of my own truck. Thanks for the compliments. The thumbs up and kind words from strangers really made for a great weekend. I was very happy with the way it preformed overall. It feels good to have something with a little pep under the hood too. I looked all over for some of you guys from the forum but didn’t see anyone. Please tell me you were not sitting right behind me in your bright orange Blazer and I missed it??
I wasn't in my orange Blazer, I'm still working on that. We were in our black Jeep Wrangler in the pic below about 10:30-11 on Sunday morning just before it started sprinkling.

How did the Deaver springs ride in the dunes? I'm thinking about getting a set for my Blazer. I talked to a guy with with 4in Deaver springs on his Blazer & he seemed to think it rode a lot better than stock.
Attached Images

orange72blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:06 PM   #252
SONOSADSACK

Ha, I toured around SL for two years in a Wrangler while building my Blazer. After a while my wife almost seemed to find it impossible to not remind me " that could be us" every time we seen another Blazer in the dunes.

As far as the Deaver springs go, I never had my blazer in the dunes befor rebuilding the whole thing so I can't say for certain that the improved ride is solely because of the new springs. I also have a '72 Chevy short box that we took into the dunes all last summer after I decided no more four cylinder Jeeps. That truck had four inch, standard length, Skyjacker or Superlift soft ride springs up front and original springs with blocks in the back and Rancho shocks at all four corners. It is ROUGH at any speed in the dunes. So..... I would agree with the other guy you spoke with and although they are pricey if I had it to do all over again I would go back to Deaver. Besides having a great product they were also great to work with.
SONOSADSACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:58 PM   #253
Low Elco

Hell yeah! Getcha some!
Posted via Mobile Device
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 03:19 PM   #254
NorCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONOSADSACK View Post
What I wanted was an easy way to have the panels removable from inside the truck with the top on. Remember I have a double wall top. I also have a bar that runs parallel with the top of the box side as part of the roll bar, limiting the panel’s ability to be tipped as being removed. I also didn’t want to see any hardware. Velcro to the rescue! To resolve the fitment issue I had to cut off several inches of material which I probably would have had to do anyway because of the limited amount of movement available when pulling the panel up and out. I also would not have been able to use the quarter trim without reworking the top edge of the interior panel and the trim would have had to been attached to panel rather than the box side. I guess it all worked out in the end.
Sooo nice and clean looking !
NorCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 09:46 PM   #255
tjsblazer

Just refreshed myself on some of this build. I was wondering, where did you install the switches for you front seat heaters ?

'72 Blazer K5

"Camshaft opinions are like belly buttons; everyone has one and no two are alike"

My Blazer Build:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=626752

My Engine Build:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=637336
tjsblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:22 AM   #256
tjsblazer

Actually another: How are you liking your Classic Instruments panel now that you have driven some with it? I'm thinking of going that route. Any more pics of it?
Thanks again.

'72 Blazer K5

"Camshaft opinions are like belly buttons; everyone has one and no two are alike"

My Blazer Build:

My Engine Build:
Old 06-29-2015, 07:46 PM   #257
SONOSADSACK

I mounted the switches in the front ash tray. See post 187. Sorry I'm on a new iPad and don't have any pictures loaded. I have zero complaints regarding the cluster.
SONOSADSACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:59 PM   #258
ClassicStyle

I love how you did the seats. Looks great with the extra foam, gonna have to steal that idea. Beautiful truck!
ClassicStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 12:09 AM   #259
tjsblazer

Thanks for the post reference. I missed it going through the 250+. I am assuming you used the AAW Update series and not Factory Fit. Is that correct? Is there a lot of custom modifications required on the harness or how much is correct lengths and terminated?

'72 Blazer K5

My Blazer Build:

My Engine Build: