The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-14-2010, 03:01 AM   #26
AusTx68

Re: Bucket seats for you 67-72

I like the looks of these seat (minus headrest). Plenty of color and feature options. They also have brackets to fit 67-72 trucks.

http://www.discountvantruck.com/truc...canClassic.htm

Old 04-14-2010, 08:45 AM   #27
JimmyFloyd

I have a set of 92-99 Bonneville 9 way power seats for my blazer when I get to it. They are the ones that guys put into the early 90's Caprice and impala SS's. Was a bonneville guy before, so I just happened to have two sets sitting around.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:11 PM   #28
big mike71

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastom View Post
Here's my seats!! I had them cut down from high backs.
The bottom pic is before the were reworked.
Those are the best looking aftermarket seats that I have seen. Very nice.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:18 PM   #29
mikey531

This is what I did:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=368266
mikey531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:16 PM   #30
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

I have to throw a spanner in the works here and NO disrespect intended, but IMHO all these modern seats in our Trucks just end up looking like great big (usually Grey) lumps, with padded humps and bumps sticking out all over them and they always look completely out of proportion for the inside of a 67-72 cab. Not to mention that they end up looking about as natural as steelies with baby moons and wide whites on a Nissan Skyline. And using seats from a Japanese vehicle in a "CHEVY"...christ on a bike!! what next? maybe a nice economical Honda engine under the hood.
Sorry again folks, but this is a pet hate of mine.

An American living in a British body.

1971 Chevy Cheyenne 10 454

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

No more pain.
03.12.60 -- 12.28.10

http://www.youtube.com/Eightbanger
eightbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:27 PM   #31
myoldmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightbanger View Post
I have to throw a spanner in the works here and NO disrespect intended, but IMHO all these modern seats in our Trucks just end up looking like great big (usually Grey) lumps, with padded humps and bumps sticking out all over them and they always look completely out of proportion for the inside of a 67-72 cab. Not to mention that they end up looking about as natural as steelies with baby moons and wide whites on a Nissan Skyline. And using seats from a Japanese vehicle in a "CHEVY"...christ on a bike!! what next? maybe a nice economical Honda engine under the hood.
Sorry again folks, but this is a pet hate of mine.
well I believe its all in the name of creating something that is an extension of yourself, and something that you are comfortable with. I personally like to have modern options on an old vehicle....at least its not such a chore to drive them if you have a cupholder, AC, a cd player, disk brakes, some lumbar support under you butt, etc.
modern seats are no different that putting a sb chevy motor in a 34 ford, or how about Carrol Shelby putting a v8 in a British car and calling it an AC Cobra??
no disrespect to anyone at all, but gearheads have been crossing parts to different cars forever, and I personally enjoy reading these threads to see the custom ideas (for all budgets) for these great trucks! I agree that some of these swaps are more tasteful than others, but that in fact, is a matter of opinion.........
71 K20 4x4-454/700R4/4:10 locked up
64 Cadillac Coupe de Ville
90 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 16V (daily driver)
myoldmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:36 PM   #32
ShredSled

Quote:
Originally Posted by myoldmetal View Post
well I believe its all in the name of creating something that is an extension of yourself, and something that you are comfortable with. I personally like to have modern options on an old vehicle....at least its not such a chore to drive them if you have a cupholder, AC, a cd player, disk brakes, some lumbar support under you butt, etc.
modern seats are no different that putting a sb chevy motor in a 34 ford, or how about Carrol Shelby putting a v8 in a British car and calling it an AC Cobra??
no disrespect to anyone at all, but gearheads have been crossing parts to different cars forever, and I personally enjoy reading these threads to see the custom ideas (for all budgets) for these great trucks! I agree that some of these swaps are more tasteful than others, but that in fact, is a matter of opinion.........

nicely said, I agree completely!
Old 04-15-2010, 04:28 PM   #33
mikey531

I agree with myoldmetal, if everyone kept everything stock there would be nothing to look at!

Last edited by mikey531; 04-15-2010 at 04:30 PM.
mikey531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:05 PM   #34
tubbedII
needs more $$$

I'm really impressed with the look of the Honda seats in Jeffs70's truck. I think the stock Honda fabric seats in combination of center console make an awesome but inexpensive alternative to a full custom app. I don't like sitting on leather, so I'm always looking into a fabric interior.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:13 PM   #35
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

Quote:
Everyone's taste is different, that I completely understand, and mixing and matching engines and body parts is also completely understandable. I AGREE WITH IT ALL!!...it's how the world of hot rodding was born, and the marriage of British styling and pure American muscle gave us one of the best looking and best driving race cars the world has ever seen, but remember the AC Cobra was, as I have said, a marriage of two things that were born to go together, they work together they are in harmony. My point was only that these later model seats never look like they belong, IMO they are not in harmony and mostly out of proportion to the size of a 67-72 cab. I like bucket seats if I found a good retro set that I thought looked like they would work in both style and size I would buy them and fit them...no question.
Sorry if I've stepped on any toes...this is just my humble opinion.

An American living in a British body.

1971 Chevy Cheyenne 10 454

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

No more pain.
03.12.60 -- 12.28.10

http://www.youtube.com/Eightbanger
eightbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:37 AM   #36
myoldmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightbanger View Post
Everyone's taste is different, that I completely understand, and mixing and matching engines and body parts is also completely understandable. I AGREE WITH IT ALL!!...it's how the world of hot rodding was born, and the marriage of British styling and pure American muscle gave us one of the best looking and best driving race cars the world has ever seen, but remember the AC Cobra was, as I have said, a marriage of two things that were born to go together, they work together they are in harmony. My point was only that these later model seats never look like they belong, IMO they are not in harmony and mostly out of proportion to the size of a 67-72 cab. I like bucket seats if I found a good retro set that I thought looked like they would work in both style and size I would buy them and fit them...no question.
Sorry if I've stepped on any toes...this is just my humble opinion.
i dont think that anyone feels you were stepping on any toes. You are entitled to your opinion just as much as onyone else.
I agree with you about some seats not looking right in the cab of our trucks, but some other people on here may feel a bit different. I used to have a seat out of a 99 Dodge truck in my 71.....hated it after a week! it was too big and I pulled it out. Now I have a 91 F250 seat in there and it is much smaller in scale and I believe it looks great. I think the seat you instal depends on what other mods you have done.....everything has to flow in my opinion
71 K20 4x4-454/700R4/4:10 locked up
64 Cadillac Coupe de Ville
90 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 16V (daily driver)
myoldmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:48 AM   #37
wwotr

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusTx68 View Post
I like the looks of these seat (minus headrest). Plenty of color and feature options. They also have brackets to fit 67-72 trucks.

http://www.discountvantruck.com/truc...canClassic.htm

Used the SAME Company....
Heres MY Thread............
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=366141
back in November of 2011.
I don't visit the site much anymore,
but please feel free,
to drop me a private message.
RIP...."RATIKLE"
wwotr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:10 PM   #38
Jeffs70

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbedII View Post
I'm really impressed with the look of the Honda seats in Jeffs70's truck. I think the stock Honda fabric seats in combination of center console make an awesome but inexpensive alternative to a full custom app. I don't like sitting on leather, so I'm always looking into a fabric interior.
Thank you tubbedII, It took me a few years to figure out what I really wanted and liked and these seats where for sure inexpensive and fit just pefect in my opinion and very comfy at that, I paid $100 at a swap meet for the set, and probably like $40 to build the console so yeah it wasnt to bad in my wallet lol. I am also with you on the leather, I like to some times wear shorts and then sticking to the leather just sucks IMHO lmao
Jeffs70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:11 PM   #39
Jeffs70

Quote:
I totally agree myoldmetal, Well said for sure
Jeffs70 is offline   Reply With Quote