The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-26-2015, 03:59 PM   #1
drheadshrink

swing away tire carrier

I'm thinking of purchasing a multicarrier/swing away tire carrier for my 72 k5 blazer. A company called Tactical Armor Group makes them. Anybody know anything about them, or any alternate sources for a rear-mounted, swing away spare tire carrier?
drheadshrink
drheadshrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:08 AM   #2
swyfor5

Re: swing away tire carrier

Be careful my friend. Company used to be called Kennesaw Mountain Accessories. I got a front bumper from them a few years ago, and had a ton of "tactical" problems with it. Problem #1 was I talked with the owner Kyle about ordering the bumper I wanted, and he said no problem. Got the bumper delivered and it wasn't even close to what we had agreed with on the phone. Back and forth with him for months to make it right. I am talking months of e-mails, etc. Finally settled for him sending me some tubing free to try and make it look like what I had ordered from them. I still had to have my friend John completly redo, weld, and refigure the bumper to make it fit. Cost way too much to redo, and all the labor was basicaly free, thank God! Do some searching and check out some of my older bumper threads here. I was not the only guy screwed by this jerk. In the end I got a nice bumper for my K5, but it would have been so much better if he would have done it the way I had ORDERED it in the first place. Hopefully things have changed there, but my guess is he just changed the name because of his previous BAD reputation. Wow, thank's for letting me rant a bit, I feel better. Do some research on KMA, and I think you will find that it is actually now Tactical Armor. Keep us posted with what you find out so everyone here knows. Good luck with your build K5 brother!
swyfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote