The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-20-2019, 09:16 AM   #1
special-K
Special Order

Old Threads

I did an advanced search in "Alternate Tinkerings" for threads I started to see what I had already posted about. So, there I see this thread from 10 years ago I started about having to move a building as a result of trouble with my neighbors behind me. I read through it and it is an interesting record of how things can change in ten years.

I was thinking others might have old threads that would show interesting changes between then and now. The "Let's See The One Tons" thread is so old it covers all years, from back when all years were combined. I was so green I didn't even know how to post pictures yet!

Here is the thread about moving the building:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ove+a+building

-The building now looks like it has always been there.
-The extra room created between it and the fence allowed for planting some native species trees a friend gave me saplings for. I now have fruit baring Paw Paw trees.
-I did all new fencing around '11.
-Junior, the neighbor behind me, had gone from glaring at me to giving a nod. He never talked much, but we got to where we had a few short exchanges. He has since died of a heart attack.
-The son, Bubba, got out of HS, moved in with his sister, Missy, and her husband and boy. His dad was abusive to him and I had become someone he could talk to. He was riding his bicycle home from his restaurant job one night and was struck by a pickup truck. Killed him.
-The older daughter (Liz) now has four kids. She, her husband, and kids live with the grandma (Debbie) behind me now. I'm Mr. Tim to all the kids and they all run up to tell me things when I'm out at the shop (by their driveway). The dad is a Chevy Truck guy and we shoot the bull.
-So grandma is a minority and has softened up toward me since I'm the nice man her grandchildren like so much... and there is no grand daddy. I've given her some flowers and shrubs to transplant back there, after she commented on liking them in my yard. She has never been a warm person, but she seems to have lightened up or is trying to anyway.

-Up the hill that daughter has two boys now and they get all excited when they see me, too. And their mom speaks to me now. They all catch the bus together out in front by the corner of my place.
-Grandmom, Joan, has always been nice and talked to me (if he/Wade wasn't around). She is married into the clan.
-Wade is like his sister, not warm and friendly. He is still that way toward me. Nothing new... screw him. He'll never change. He had his heart attack last summer but manged to survive. He drives/owns a truck he hasn't been allowed to drive yet. He seemed all changed and nice (except me), going to the bus stop with grand children and spending time with them he never had. But lately I don't see him out with them. I hope he can get back in the saddle. I figure it's starting to worry him. He's about 60.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 10-20-2019 at 09:37 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:43 PM   #2
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: Old Threads

You know ,,things have a way of working out with out some one getting killed over what in the long run is just no worth it .. you did the right thing Tim ,, I do get mad like when the kids beat my mail box to smitherings.. but if I had of tangled with then over it ,,probably lost just cause I has a lot to lose they didnt ,,besides I would of had to be like them to do anything and that just would not be right ,they did me know more harm and two of them went to jail anyway for 5 years ,,so they got what they deserved .. the building wasn't to hard to move anyway was it.. timbers and pipes and come along?

I just went back to tinkerings like you did,, I found a couple photos I had taken and thougth I had lost.. wish I had some of them old projects to do again.. My favorite is the Log house ,barn ,impliment shed and other animal buildings I built for this lady ,, might share some pic of it on tinkerings

Last edited by GOPAPA; 10-20-2019 at 06:51 PM.
GOPAPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 08:17 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Yeah, the building wasn't hard to move. It was a good bit of work and some material expense, but no big deal on any of it for me. I'm sure all their quality of life has improved since I moved it a couple feet away from the fence .

I was putting up the new fence a handful of years later where it goes up to my barn in the corner. So with the old stockade fence gone I was right there not far from their front door and driveway. They have a row of big fir trees and that crap shack is squeezed between those and the old fence. Since the property line runs through the middle of the crap shack, there is no room for it there w/o it being on my property. I was working while Junior was going in and out of the house doing things. We were about face to face for the first time. Some years had gone by, no issues, but they still weren't being friendly. He asked me if I needed him to move that shed, which was an admission that he knew it was on my property (they had moved the stake). I told him don't worry about it. I didn't have money at the time for materials to run it across there to the corner anyway. Now he is gone and that deal is off. It's behind the barn where you couldn't see my new fence anyway. I just closed in the area under the steps and platform
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 10-22-2019, 10:17 AM   #4
Keith Seymore

Thanks for posting Tim; a good reminder of how things can change.

My favorite thing about reading old threads is when I come across an old post I'd written and think "...wow. That was a pretty good response!"

K
1986 - 2019
Intro from an Old Assembly Guy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
My Pontiac story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
Chevelle intro: http://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
Keith Seymore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 08:47 PM   #5
davischevy

I don't like reading old threads because I end up trying to figure out what happened to the members that commented and are no longer here.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:16 PM   #6
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
I don't like reading old threads because I end up trying to figure out what happened to the members that commented and are no longer here.
I know, right? I see some threads pop up, and when I look at the beginning there are all these people who no longer post. It's just life- people move on to other things. I had a '68 Skylark and posted for many years on a Buick site, but when I sold it, I moved on. I still visit infrequently, though. They just moved on to other things- I'm betting that most of them are probably still alive. Sort of- they may be at a F**d site, in which case they are dead to me.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 09:03 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

I don't like knowing the people don't post or visit any more, but I enjoy seeing their names again to remind me of the good people I got to know. That's life everywhere. The people I know, see, or communicate with now are but a minor fraction of all I have met and known in life. Not too many that I can say I've known all my life or even more than a decade or so. Sometimes these people come back. It does make me wish I had gotten their contact info outside of this board. You want to send a PM when you see their name, but you know it won't be seen... or very unlikely. I should still try when I think to, just in case they happen to check in

Tim

Old 11-10-2019, 12:14 PM   #8
1976gmc20

Hah! If anyone wants to hear bad neighbor stories, I have a few!
1958 Chevy C-60; 1965 GMC C-50; 1965 Chevy C-10; 1971 Chevy K-10; 1973 Chevy K-20; 1976 GMC C-20; 1977 Chevy C-10 Suburban; 1980 Chevy K-10; 1989 Chevy K1500; 1991 GMC V1500 Suburban; 2016 Chevy K2500 HD

Other vehicles: 1988 Jeep XJ; 2011 Toyota 4Runner
1976gmc20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 12:16 PM   #9
special-K
Special Order

I just ran across this old thread from a couple years ago. I had a great time that fall and really enjoyed making the thread, letting it be spontaneous. lots of changes since this thread only two years ago.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=746763

I always get ideas for threads that might help get us through the short days, and foul weather for some, of winter. If anyone else gets time (or is bored) you might go looking and find a good one you'd like to share. It can be to show changes or just because you think we'd like to see it again. This thread isn't just about my old threads

Tim

Old 11-10-2019, 08:50 PM   #10
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 View Post
Hah! If anyone wants to hear bad neighbor stories, I have a few!
Now there's an idea for a winter time thread right there.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:15 AM   #11
special-K
Special Order

I have more material on that. We could mix in weird neighbor tales, too.

Tim

Old 11-12-2019, 01:19 PM   #12
1976gmc20

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
Now there's an idea for a winter time thread right there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I have more material on that. We could mix in weird neighbor tales, too.
Where we live seems to be something of a magnet for all the weird types, including me I suppose but I do respect others' property and try to get along. I could write a book about it but it wouldn't be very fun reading unless you suffer from low blood pressure

In over 16 years here we just seem to keep having at least one real problem in the immediate neighborhood including a very serious one that cropped up this past September. Damn sheriff department in this county won't do anything substantial until somebody gets killed.
1958 Chevy C-60; 1965 GMC C-50; 1965 Chevy C-10; 1971 Chevy K-10; 1973 Chevy K-20; 1976 GMC C-20; 1977 Chevy C-10 Suburban; 1980 Chevy K-10; 1989 Chevy K1500; 1991 GMC V1500 Suburban; 2016 Chevy K2500 HD

Other vehicles: 1988 Jeep XJ; 2011 Toyota 4Runner
1976gmc20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:52 PM   #13
special-K
Special Order

Here's a thread you might enjoy if you haven't seen it. That second film is for 67 redneck :

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=757381

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 11-12-2019 at 02:11 PM.