The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-10-2019, 02:14 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Which area has the largest amount of active board member?

Wondering what part of the country has the largest amount of active board members. Out here on the western side of Washington state we have a fair amount of these trucks still running around. And I believe we have a decent amount of actual board members. But I feel we really have a very low amount of fellas that actually participate here on the board, or even go to semi board related events. Such as the two swap meets we have out here every year. It used to be a packed house. Not anymore. I did a couple of board events in the past and there were a ton of people that showed up. Even from as far away as Canada and Portland. I wouldn't even bother doing anything like that anymore. Couple of diehards and that's it would bother to show.

Whats it like in your general area? Seems like in the south, or the Carolinas there is a pretty good board contingent that is active on the board and even meets up once in awhile in person.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 02:46 PM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: Which area has the largest amount of active board member?

Seeing other members at my Carlisle spaces is the most real life involvement I have with board members from this region. Pennsylvania actually has quite a few members here who are active. I probably see 20-25 board members at the Carlisle shows. I see members from NY, NJ, NH, PA, VA, WVA, DE, OH, NC, SC, TN, KY.

I see a lot of TX active members here, too. Ca still has a good number here, but the C/10 guys all went to other social media, so not the largest group now, I don't think. KS/MO aera has always been heavy on truck guys, and actually AR probably as much.

We used to get together for an oyster roast in March and Nov at a VFD right behind this month's TOTM winner's garage, in a small Chesapeake Bay town. That involved about 5 or 6 members. Three or four would ride to many of the rod runs or meet up there. I never could get the guys in my area to get into gathering for our own event. Running into them at existing shows was about it.

We have a board member from PA who runs a '69 Blazer in an off road race with another member, who is the brother of another member, riding co-pilot. I would run up to the race with 3 other members and the bunch of six or seven of us had a great day on the mountain, campfire, cookout, camp out, breakfast. He still races, but it's down to just me coming up from Maryland.

We had a strong group from TN until one of them started his own website for TN truck guys. I never understood why that meant stop coming here.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 06:01 PM   #3
35boulder

Would the moderators not be able to tell what the totals are from each state by subscriptions ?
35boulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 10:36 PM   #4
flashed

We have quite a few get togethers with C10 Club Ga members from Facebook and have several from United By Trucks on YouTube members where we play with trucks and go to shows but not a lot participate here .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:52 AM   #5
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
We have quite a few get togethers with C10 Club Ga members from Facebook and have several from United By Trucks on YouTube members where we play with trucks and go to shows but not a lot participate here .
This is what Ive assumed has taken over.

Old 11-11-2019, 07:41 PM   #6
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Thread is moved to one of the least used parts of the board by the truck masses. Mostly the same bunch here (my fav bunch).

Old 11-12-2019, 07:08 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

I think General Discussion gets a lot of traffic. If you meant only 67-72 owners you could have made it 67-72 specific. As it is, the question is general.

To the suggestion to ask a moderator, we don't have that info. Many many years ago we had a "where are you located" thread or there was a map with dots for all to see.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 07:19 AM   #8
Getter-Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I think General Discussion gets a lot of traffic. If you meant only 67-72 owners you could have made it 67-72 specific. As it is, the question is general.

To the suggestion to ask a moderator, we don't have that info. Many many years ago we had a "where are you located" thread or there was a map with dots for all to see.
I remember the map with dots.
I though it was on this site.
What happen to it?

63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:57 AM   #9
shifty
Questionable

I know we have a number of members from GA/TN/NC/SC/AL/MS who are active. I've met several over the last 15 years or so. some come and go. Others over the years must have managed to ruffle some feathers and get banned. (Shane comes to mind, he apparently got banned when I was on hiatus after my #2 kid was born).

The forum seems like it's become more of an archive, although there's a few of us who find it as a 'homely' nook on the web. If I had to make some observations about the forum...

General Discussion seems to be the "home room" of sorts for the forum, I think it's the #2 place people to go, with the #1 being the forum for their primary year of truck and/or preferred area of work or specialty (suspension, paint, audio, etc.)

I suspect the vast majority of people who sign up for the forum are doing so for 67-72 pickups with 60-66 maybe coming in 2nd. The GMT400 and newer forums get very little traffic at all.

I notice when I'm posting classified ads in the GMT400 area they rarely get more than 40 views, which could be humans or webcrawlers. 67-72 classifieds usually get 3x-4x that number on even the most pedestrian/typical stuff, high-value/rare stuff gets several hundred views more.

In the "misc" classifieds section, you're lucky to post and get in the 100-200 views range, but the traffic appears - at a baseline - almost as high as what more-pedestrain stuff gets in the 67-72 classifieds. Trucks for sale is hit or miss.

Least used forums? Some are just dead-dead or only serve as a reference, I guess (ex: FAQ). Listed in order of never-used to rarely-used:

Staff Applications (Never)
FAQ Site Related (No posts ~3.3yrs)
Interviews And Articles (No posts ~2.3yrs)
Event Coverage (No posts ~12 months)

I'm glad the forum still exists even if it's not as bustling in every corner as it once was when I signed up eons ago. It's helped me more than a couple of times recently while I had my '98, and I had a ton of fun working through and documenting my LS1/T56 swap on the '68 C10 when I had it so others could learn, share and benefit from that knowledge.

Made a lot of friends here over time and met a could of huge dickwads too Some of those friends passed away in recent years (RIP) or needed to take time off (like SOM, hope Don comes back some day!).

PS/EDIT: Liz and Josh have always been hugely helpful, especially when one of those dickwads tried to rip me off almost a decade ago (thanks). And for Bill and others who've been long-time contributors, thanks to you too. The place wouldn't still exist without your contributions.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote