The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-17-2024, 12:24 AM   #1
69Tom

are good cabs still out there?

Wondering if anyone is finding cabs in good shape for sale anymore. I'm in need of a cab for my 73 K10 and I'm (a) not finding many K10 cabs as it is (in AZ at least), and (b) not finding a lot of nice cabs that don't need some kind of repair whether it be rust or otherwise.

Not sure if I should just pull the trigger on a relatively inexpensive cab that needs some work or keep holding out as I'm not in a huge rush to start the build.

The cab on my C20 was an AZ truck and even that needed some rust repair so I'm not entirely sure if any really exist.

Thanks for the input in advance.
69Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 03:45 PM   #2
66gmcguy

Re: are good cabs still out there?

Yes they are out there. It seems like the rust proofing got better in the 80s so it's easier to find a 80s one with no rust, but I've had several 70s trucks with minimal to no rust in the cabs.
66gmcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 05:08 PM   #3
69Tom

Re: are good cabs still out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66gmcguy View Post
Yes they are out there. It seems like the rust proofing got better in the 80s so it's easier to find a 80s one with no rust, but I've had several 70s trucks with minimal to no rust in the cabs.
It seems like I used to see good cabs (for a premium obviously), but I haven't lately. I think I might buy this one I'm looking at (it's only $375 with some other parts) and then if I stumble on a nice one, just sell the one I'm getting.

I'm worried that if I pass it up, since it's a pretty good deal and in decent shape , the crappy ones are just going to keep going up in price and I'm going to end up spending more on one in worse shape. The proverbial catch-22.
69Tom is offline   Reply With Quote