The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-05-2007, 12:16 PM   #1
Leks

Pics Needed (Amps mounted in Xcab)

I was wanting to see what some of you guys have done with your Amps as far as mounting them. I have a Mono for the subs, a 4 channel for the Mids/Highs, and a Down Fire 12" x2 box under the seat. I was just going to mount them to the back wall but there was a guy on another forum that had his mounted in the seat, so I was wondering what other ways everyone else has done theirs.

Oh this is in a 94 BTW

Last edited by Leks; 06-05-2007 at 12:16 PM.
Leks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:02 PM   #2
MonteSS454
Account Suspended

Re: Pics Needed (Amps mounted in Xcab)

For safety it's best to hide the amp, under your seat or perhaps back under the back seat with your subs.

So it depends on it you want to show it off or keep it from getting stolen.
MonteSS454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 06:43 PM   #3
72 cheyenne pdx

With my experience, it doesn't matter if it is hidden or not. Take it from a guy who has had his car stolen once and stripped and once just his system taken. It isn't the random people who walk by you car and see the sysem. It is the people who after seeing your vehicle at a sound off competition/car show and they follow you home to scope you out. They watch you for like a week and after they feel comfortable of your habits, the take your sh!t. It doesn't matter to them where you park your vehicle either. When my car was stolen, they took it out of my garage. When my system was taken, they were able to disarm my alarm in less than 20 seconds and strip it within an hour. How do I know, because I went to the store in another vehicle and when I was back in less than an hour, my doors were wide open with my stereo system no where in sight.
72 cheyenne pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 07:25 PM   #4
AceX
>130dB Moderator

Personally, I'd just mount them to the back wall ontop of a large MDF panel.

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLICK HERE and for less than $0.07 a day, you too can help support and build a better forum.
AceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:16 AM   #5
MonteSS454
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 cheyenne pdx View Post
With my experience, it doesn't matter if it is hidden or not. Take it from a guy who has had his car stolen once and stripped and once just his system taken. It isn't the random people who walk by you car and see the sysem. It is the people who after seeing your vehicle at a sound off competition/car show and they follow you home to scope you out. They watch you for like a week and after they feel comfortable of your habits, the take your sh!t. It doesn't matter to them where you park your vehicle either. When my car was stolen, they took it out of my garage. When my system was taken, they were able to disarm my alarm in less than 20 seconds and strip it within an hour. How do I know, because I went to the store in another vehicle and when I was back in less than an hour, my doors were wide open with my stereo system no where in sight.
Well, I know people that do that kinda stuff and they just go to a local town, see something and take it.....they don't do it in my town because the cops have got them before, but they go to local towns and they don't care if it's good or not, they steal it and turn around and sell it.
MonteSS454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:33 AM   #6
Mudder

Mine are all under the seats but don't tell anyone, OK?
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:48 AM   #7
Leks

^ Its just our secret!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteSS454 View Post
For safety it's best to hide the amp, under your seat or perhaps back under the back seat with your subs.
So it depends on it you want to show it off or keep it from getting stolen.
It dont matter where, nor does it matter if you have an alarm. I know a guy who had activated LoJac and Onstar on his Escalade, by the time the car was reported stolen and found it had been stripped to a bare chasis.

I am looking more of looks than "safety".

I think I will go ahead and mount them on a piece of MDF on the back wall as planned and commonly seen.