The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-21-2016, 02:16 AM   #1
swamp rat

Re: My first C-10 Build 67 SWB Stepside

Great story, Ya gotta try and make the pic's a bit bigger to show some detail.

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:57 AM   #2
Mcmour67

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
Great story, Ya gotta try and make the pic's a bit bigger to show some detail.
I know, i can not figure it out for the life of me. If you click on them they do get bigger, but I would like them to appear in the post good. I am new to this so if anyone else has any suggestions I would be forever grateful.
Mcmour67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 09:51 AM   #3
Mcmour67

Lets try those pics again.

Old 02-21-2016, 11:11 AM   #4
Mcmour67

Now that I have the pics figured out, the first order of business was the motor. I had a bad feeling about it and I was right. I drained the oil and, well, there was no oil in it. Just water. So I yanked it and ripped it apart.

Without knowing how long this truck was sitting outside with water in the block, I chalked up the motor as a loss. I know, it was just a 283, but it ran great when my bro sold it and it was just sad and disappointing. I saved the C3BX intake and the carb and gave the rest away. Now I needed a new motor. Word got around that I was looking for a 350 and the guy in the shop next door said he had a 327 that's been sitting in his shop for 10 years. He said I could have it for $300 and I don't have to pay him if it doesn't run. What a deal!!!! I snatched it up and looked up the casting#. The motor was not a 327. It was a 1979 010 4 bolt main 350!!!! I ripped the heads off and the oil pan. Its also bored .040 over!! I looked it over, cleaned it up a little and it appears to be good. So I buttoned her back up.

I know what you're all going to say, "the motors out, rebuild it, paint it!!" I know, i know, but I'm still undecided on this motor or going LSx. It looked like a fairly recent rebuild and the guy i got it from turned and oiled it frequently. For now, I have the itch and I just want get a motor in this thing and drive it while I build a chassis. So next is a water pump, radiator, carb rebuild, and all the other little things to get this motor back in. Hopefully within the next couple of months I will have it in and running.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:14 PM   #5
Mcmour67

Well it's a little early for me to be worried about my headlights, but, since I'm broke and this didn't cost me anything, I thought I would just do it. I had some JW Speaker headlights from my jeep and since I love the PCHRODS C10R, there was no other option but to put them in the C10. I had to do some modifications to the headlight bucket but it was very easy. All I had to do was trim the buckets with some tin snips. I do not know if I have to trim the core support yet but I will keep you posted. They fit in beautifully. Just take your time and trim little by little to get them to set in all the way. I'm going to use a dremel to clean the edges up a little and paint them. You can see in the pics how much I had to trim off.