The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > Heavy Haulers

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2014, 07:48 PM   #1
jumpsoffrock

'67 C50: Widowmakers and other restoration stuff(TONS OF PICTURES)

I am in need of a car hauler. My father was given this 1967 C50 hydraulic dump in ~1988-89 but ended up not being needed so it has basically sat. Was moved ~1999 and driven occasionally until varmints ate almost all of the wiring after a year or so and has since not been ran(~ 2000-01). The cab is rusted beyond repair, but who gives a $&~t, this thing just needs to work!

I found Raysbestose carries almost all brake parts I need.(still need a master Cyl)
Engine stuff can be sorted out by me.
Father said hydraulic bed worked in '89, but was not tested in '99. Linkage looks to be severed.

But I have six huge, old problems: Those darn wheels. Went to a place my father was sure could help, and they said any safe replacement wheels haven't existed for a while...no help. One big tire shop in town will work on them and gave me a quote of $1400 for new rubber all around using 20"x750 (rather than the 20"x650 from factory, not available)

What can be done about my widowmakers?

Here are as many pics as I could take, I wanted to keep you guys busy for a while.

Yes, it has a Tach

Not sure what these frame numbers mean, they are near what I think is the fuel filter:

jumpsoffrock is offline   Reply With Quote