The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2017, 11:40 PM   #1
joedoh

1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

yes its weird after the string of weird project names, Slopoke, Booger, Fenix, going simple with a nice pretty girls name, Hannah. its also the name of a horned angel, and this 41 cab has a pair of running lights on the roof that look like the cutest little horn stubs.
IMG_6451 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6446 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6444 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6442 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

this is build number two from the stuff I bought last year when I cleaned out a farmer for all his goodies. little more cab rust than Fenix, but has its good points too, namely that you cant surprise me with anything after LITERALLY EVERYTHING BROKE on Fenix.

I bought an S10 donor in Feb, it was super cheap because it had a hole in the gas tank so range was limited to about 10 miles. It came from the insurance pool and the hole sure looked like a drillbit injury (a Martin?). I was able to tap and thread a nice flanged bolt in with some JB tank repair on it and fixed! It has one of the cleanest engines I have ever seen, no oil leaks or coolant leaks, all the underhood aluminum is still bright and shiny and the harness is in great shape. It is a 5spd 4.3, should move out great.
IMG_6990 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

had a weird little mobility chair crane setup in the bed with a winch
IMG_6991 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I cleaned out the bed (I have a tendancy to fill donors up with trash and metal scrap while they sit waiting to be used) and decided to start disassembly. one thing led to another and I am almost ready to pull the cab after a couple hours. just need to pull the booster and clutch slave and steering column and harness from the cab, its actually loose on the frame.
52590048685__FD7AF6F5-CEFA-4487-9404-22C47E789D5B by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_7004 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_7007 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

my buddy OGNic came by as I was getting the core support off so I put him to work cutting out the body mounts of my design from Fenix.
IMG_7017 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

He wants to come help whenever I am working so I hope I see a lot of him. he is one of my oldest friends and was lost to me for a few years to kids and working, life as it is.

anyway, I plan a real push on this one before Labor day. I have some parts to cut for another friend saturday but I was planning on working on this sunday, so I am already a couple days early.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote