The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-07-2019, 08:07 PM   #26
Tom Vogel
2WD Jimmy

Re: '72 Jimmy

Where was the original owner from?
Posted via Mobile Device
Tom Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 03:31 PM   #27
Ptjsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCPaul View Post
Extremely Nice original survivor. Congrats, I'm sure you'll enjoy many years with her.
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls
Thanks Paul.

I have placed an order with you, and have attempted to contact you via email, as well as by phone. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that I've been successful in doing so.

I just need to add a few other items to my order.

Thanks,

Pat
Ptjsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 03:33 PM   #28
Ptjsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vogel View Post
Where was the original owner from?
Posted via Mobile Device
Pretty sure from Arizona, but he may have spent some time in Utah as well.

Pat
Old 07-09-2019, 05:09 AM   #29
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptjsk View Post
Thanks Paul.

I have placed an order with you, and have attempted to contact you via email, as well as by phone. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that I've been successful in doing so.

I just need to add a few other items to my order.

Thanks,

Pat
Pat if you emailed between July 3rd after 5pm and July 8th then I know I heard Amber & Sky discussing the fact they had somewhere around 400 emails to respond to yesterday while also dealing with over a dozen truck freight shipment quotes also. So they were a little back logged yesterday trying to get caught up since we were closed for Thursday & Friday for the 4th of July and we aren't open weekends. So if you haven't heard from them yet you should be shortly. In regards to phoning we haven't had a contact # since 2010 or 2011 when we went strictly to e-commerce after being sued by a customer for slip and fall in our gravel parking lot.
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:42 AM   #30
Ptjsk

Quote:
Pat if you emailed between July 3rd after 5pm and July 8th then I know I heard Amber & Sky discussing the fact they had somewhere around 400 emails to respond to yesterday while also dealing with over a dozen truck freight shipment quotes also. So they were a little back logged yesterday trying to get caught up since we were closed for Thursday & Friday for the 4th of July and we aren't open weekends. So if you haven't heard from them yet you should be shortly. In regards to phoning we haven't had a contact # since 2010 or 2011 when we went strictly to e-commerce after being sued by a customer for slip and fall in our gravel parking lot.
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls
Thanks for the reply Paul. I did hear from you (email), but apparently I couldn't add to the order.

Very unfortunate that all potential customers may no longer have contact due to another individual suing you.

I guess the no phone contact must be working for you, and I'm glad that you're successful.

I know for me, there are times that I would like to speak with an individual about a product, or a part, prior to sending my money.

Pat
Old 07-10-2019, 10:37 AM   #31
GMCPaul

One of the biggest benefits we've found since converting to strictly e-commerce and email communication is if your helped by someone 1 day and later that person isn't available we're able to review previous email correspondence to familiarize ourselves with what the person is doing and prior information provided and received on this. It's also help to eliminate misunderstandings on technical help as something that's explained by phone that the person then needs to remember hours, days or weeks later isn't always easily recalled by the individual where as since it's a email communication they have the email correspondence with us to reference along with any diagrams, photos or technical data that was provided. The main reason the phone was eliminated is we only had around a 2%-3% of people contacting us by phone for help or ordering, and by eliminating it we didn't need to keep someone near a phone and they were freed up to accomplish more. Plus it has definitely made it far easier going through Federal or Indiana state audits of the business when they occur as everything has a electronic record from money coming in ( no checks or cash ) digital records of parts ordered by ourselves from vendors, parts ordered by customers, shipping etc....
Even our vendors are tending towards this as we only have 1 vendor out of 4-5 dozen or so that we need call to place a order or check on something, the rest we all order online through emails or their websites and the same for checking status etc.... and they all are pushing this more than ever as it definitely streamlines things and eliminates a lot of errors that happened when phoning and something was misunderstood.
Keep up the good work on that Jimmy and hope you had a great 4th.
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 01:55 AM   #32
Ptjsk

Thanks for the response Paul.

I'm definitely not in the 1%ers group, but I guess I am in the 2%-3%. In other words...I'm a dinosaur who still likes to speak to a sales representative. LOL!

Heck....I still can't get used to the fact that people can't pick up the phone to call, yet will text over and over.

I definitely better get my chit together prior to placing the next order, so hopefully I can get them on the same order/shipping charges.

Have a good day!

Pat
Old 07-12-2019, 05:53 PM   #33
blazintowers

I love it as it sits! Including the mud flaps! You don't see them like this anymore, it looks BAD@$$!
blazintowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 01:43 AM   #34
Ptjsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazintowers View Post
I love it as it sits! Including the mud flaps! You don't see them like this anymore, it looks BAD@$$!
Thanks for the comments.

I've already started on it a bit. I removed the front end, motor and transmission.

Transmission is already rebuilt and waiting for installation.

The motor revealed that it couldn't have been running very well at all. The timing chain had been replaced at some point in time, but the rest of the motor looks to be untouched. But....it's in very poor shape. I really don't see how oil was going back down into the crankcase as there was so much sludge covering the holes, it looked to be nearly impossible.

Also, I haven't seen it yet, but the Machinist said that at least six lobes of the cam were nearly completely gone.

So, while I will probably try to keep the appearance stock, I am going to stroke the motor for the power advantage.

A lot of ideas, but yet I still want to keep the look clean, and close to stock appearances.

Pat
Old 07-14-2019, 11:27 AM   #35
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

If you want to keep the engine block codes to show it’s a match for the Jimmy and embossed on the pop skip the decking if possible.

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 12:04 AM   #36
Ptjsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
If you want to keep the engine block codes to show it’s a match for the Jimmy and embossed on the pop skip the decking if possible.
Thanks for the information. Yep! That's my plans.

If it does need decking, I will have the machinist stop the mill just prior to going over the numbers pad.

I just did this on a '63 Corvette I'm building, and I was able to save the original VIN numbers on the block.

Thanks again,

Pat
Old 07-16-2019, 04:22 PM   #37
Ptjsk

Quote:
One of the biggest benefits we've found since converting to strictly e-commerce and email communication is if your helped by someone 1 day and later that person isn't available we're able to review previous email correspondence to familiarize ourselves with what the person is doing and prior information provided and received on this. It's also help to eliminate misunderstandings on technical help as something that's explained by phone that the person then needs to remember hours, days or weeks later isn't always easily recalled by the individual where as since it's a email communication they have the email correspondence with us to reference along with any diagrams, photos or technical data that was provided. The main reason the phone was eliminated is we only had around a 2%-3% of people contacting us by phone for help or ordering, and by eliminating it we didn't need to keep someone near a phone and they were freed up to accomplish more. Plus it has definitely made it far easier going through Federal or Indiana state audits of the business when they occur as everything has a electronic record from money coming in ( no checks or cash ) digital records of parts ordered by ourselves from vendors, parts ordered by customers, shipping etc....
Even our vendors are tending towards this as we only have 1 vendor out of 4-5 dozen or so that we need call to place a order or check on something, the rest we all order online through emails or their websites and the same for checking status etc.... and they all are pushing this more than ever as it definitely streamlines things and eliminates a lot of errors that happened when phoning and something was misunderstood.
Keep up the good work on that Jimmy and hope you had a great 4th.
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls

I have attempted to contact you via the listed website address on your company page, but it comes back as unable to deliver.

I will attempt to resend with your referenced website on this page.

Thanks for the quick response!

Pat

Last edited by Ptjsk; 07-16-2019 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:26 PM   #38
Ptjsk

More work on the Jimmy!

Currently building a 383 stroker from the original motor. Eagle rotating assembly, Howard hydraulic roller, Edelbrock RPM aluminum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, and cast 2.5" exhaust manifolds.

Trying to keep it appear as stock. Keeping the Quadrajet, air cleaner, valve covers ect. Will paint everything orange.

The turbo 350 is already completed and waiting for the install.

In the meantime, I've been working on the frame, radiator support and fender wells.

Will be removing the front and rear differentials for a total replacement of 410 posi-traction units.

Also, a 2.5"-3" lift in the works.

33" x 12.5" x 15" tires on Ralley Wheels.

Once I get it running, I'll move to the interior.

Pat
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2019, 10:05 AM   #39
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

You're making progress fast. Nice work you're doing. In to watch

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 10:35 AM   #40
Ptjsk

I'm moving slower than I wanted, but it is moving ahead!

Pat
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2019, 09:30 AM   #41
68panelman

It's still progress, and looking good! I need to get going with my blazer but I'm enjoying driving it too much, same with my pick up
68panelman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 12:51 PM   #42
Ptjsk

And now a pic with the tires on the rear.

Pat
Attached Images