The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-24-2020, 12:46 AM   #26
chev-obsession

Re: Brothers Order M.I.A. ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-K View Post
I ordered some small parts from Brothers on-line on May 30th . I tried to call last week multiple times wondering where they were . After several attempts I called again early one morning and talked to a rep who sounded like he just got out of bed and after a minute or so told me that the shipping department would call me back . Guess what ? No call back . Then I was fairly chapped and finally was able to message them on line through their site . My order had never been shipped ! Anyone else had problems like this ? Sounds like I will have to get an LMC catalogue .
I had the same exact problem right before the virus crap started going down. I waited a week after I ordered the parts before calling, the guy on the phone said that he’d look into the problem and get back to me the next day. Guess who never got back to me?

I sent them an email asking where my parts were that were charged to my credit card. A gal got back to me the same day but didn’t send me a tracking number until the day after. So by the time I ordered the parts online and the time they shipped was 2 weeks. My order wasn’t a big order, but a paying customer is a paying customer. Needless to say I was not impressed in the slightest and will be going elsewhere in the future.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:54 AM   #27
'70_402

yea, I'm going to call today and cancel my order... Bummer.
'70_402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 10:50 AM   #28
REDROCKER652002

I have used Brothers for both my 65 pickup, which is now in truck heaven, and my son's 69. Have not had any issues until the last order. The hood latch was not a fit and forget it item. I may end up having to take some parts from my son's old latch and put them on the new one. I don't think I can return the latch cause he put it on, so the paint is a bit scratched where the bolts go.

We also ordered a bunch of little stuff, Dome light, Speedo Cable, and some other stuff. The one item that did not ship was a set of LED lights for the dash. No mention of it when I ordered and nothing said on the invoice. Once I opened and looked, the invoice did show BO on the line item for the lights.

They have been pretty good about everything so far, but I have not really gotten into the big stuff yet.

RR
REDROCKER652002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 12:22 PM   #29
bill shanks

On black Friday I ordered seat covers for my buddy buckets , corner speaker brackets for my 68 chev . Call them once a month , they told seat covers where back ordered a week 3 times .seat cover are PUI brand checked them closed for 12 weeks now but I order my parts 3 months before . OK I get it , I live in Canada so its harder to ship here but really I "am done with bothers don"t know where I will get my parts but will find them some were
bill shanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 12:18 PM   #30
Rick Bollinger

I made a order 2 weeks ago for the 1pc window kit medium tint. and a bunch of small items. Also wanted to order the matching rear window the shipping was almost $200.00! No way will I pay that for shipping. My whole truck only cost $1000.00 to ship from California. The back window was $108.00 shipping so I figured I would get that local. I thought Brothers was the only source for the one pc side window kit so I ordered it with the smalls, still $100.00 shipping. Now I have found another vendor for the 1 pc window kit ordered just the back glass got it already and still haven't gotten Brothers order yet. And the tinted back glass from the other vendor with shipping was $125.00 . The 1pc window kit they have seem to be the same as Brothers.
Rick Bollinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 05:30 PM   #31
Stover93

I had a bad experience with them last winter. Brothers is off my list. It's really too bad. Some of their how to's are pretty good.
Stover93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 03:23 PM   #32
typerr

Quote:
Originally Posted by demian5 View Post
Truck and Car shop in Orange CA. They have another location in the Midwest I believe now.
Also my favorite. They are about 5 minutes from my office but always so crowded the wait is 45 minutes or more so I just order online. My parts always show up in a day or two.
typerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 10:34 AM   #33
Basketcase889

so DON'T order their front disc brake conversion kit today? They have a sale on until tomorrow...
Basketcase889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 12:13 PM   #34
67C10Step

I got my order, just sketchy on communication and they were about 5 days shipping instead of two.

Dummy me, I only ordered one rubber rear suspension bumper. Now I gotta order another one and they are the only place I have found with the ones for lowered suspension.
2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
67C10Step is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 12:35 PM   #35
Willie Makeit

Brother's has been the worst for about 6-7 years now. Classic Parts gets 99% of my business currently as their shipping is a flat rate and I always have my parts in 2 days - I don't even get that from Amazon Primes lately.
Willie Makeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 12:39 PM   #36
Killer Bee

they're too busy sending emails

Old 04-29-2020, 12:43 PM   #37
Boog
laying low

Man. Shipping issues are a peeve of mine. A few years back I ordered a couple of small parts out of Florida and they only offered 2 day shipping. Of course it cost a little more, actually more than the parts I ordered. Well they shipped timely but it was the postal service that held up delivery. It took 8 days to get that small package. It arrived in town but they lost it. I chased that package all over town. Three visits to the PO. I was not happy. Paid for 2 day postage and was not offered a refund on the difference. I told the post master it was a dern good thing there weren't medical supplies in that package or he'd have a real big problem. Didn't faze him one bit. He stood there stone faced.
Point is, could shipping been your delay?
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 03:29 PM   #38
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

Just placed an order with Brothers for step fender to bed bolt kit. I tried to order from Classic, but they were on BO for at least a month I was told. So, I ordered the kit from Brothers....we shall see how long it takes to get some kind of order status.
1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far."
1971Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 09:38 AM   #39
Basketcase889

Just placed a big order last night even after reading this thread 10 times.. hope all goes well for me or I'll feel even more stupid then I did when checking out my cart

Decent sale prices though...
Old 04-30-2020, 06:55 PM   #40
demian5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketcase889 View Post
Just placed a big order last night even after reading this thread 10 times.. hope all goes well for me or I'll feel even more stupid then I did when checking out my cart

Decent sale prices though...
You realize if you have to cancel, they still get $$ right? So they can put it at whatever price and not fulfill and still get paid.
1983 K2500 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2
Instagram: C10sofOC
demian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 07:23 PM   #41
Basketcase889

Quote:
Originally Posted by demian5 View Post
You realize if you have to cancel, they still get $$ right? So they can put it at whatever price and not fulfill and still get paid.
I did not know that no.

Just got my order confirmation now. 2 of 5 items are back ordered.
Old 04-30-2020, 08:51 PM   #42
bry593

Got notification not on backorder, 4 days later I email and they say "not shipped, a little behind". I'm cancelling tomorrow.
Old 05-04-2020, 06:02 PM   #43
Rick Bollinger

Got a E mail Monday the 27th my one piece window kit is back in stock and will be sent out no later than Wed April 29th. Well no tracking number got back a hold of them today will be a couple more days before shipping kits not ready yet. I will not be ordering again.
Rick Bollinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:11 AM   #44
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

Just an update on my Brothers order. As others posted, they hit my CC immediately, but have not shipped the items. I ordered from Classic Parts, LMC, Corvette America and Auto Metal Direct last week as well. All of those orders have shipped and will be here by weeks end. I guess I will call them and wait on hold. Normally, I would be much more patient, but in this case I needed something that I could only find at Brothers and the bodyshop needs the parts soon.
1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

Old 05-06-2020, 11:28 AM   #45
TBONE1964
Cluster King

I have heard/read several comments from guys ordering from Brothers.

I understand we are going through a National pandemic, blah, blah, blah.

Has anyone at Brothers made any effort to communicate the delay? For me, its not the delay, its the lack of communication to find out why there is a delay.

If you buy from me, should you be the one whom has to do all the leg work to figure out why your parts are not in your hand. NO, that is my job as a vendor, dealer, salesman and customer service representative.

If you do not represent your company and all of its intentions, you are doing it wrong. I am not a fan of big box outlets like Brothers and LMC but they do provide parts that we all need.

With that said, I am now a dealer for Counterpart. Gauges cluster parts only but I can save you guys some money on any cluster parts you may need.

Thank you,
Tom

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:50 AM   #46
Davidf

I heard back from Brothers concerning my Houndstooth seat cover. Apparently, they are having an issue with their vendor. One month since order and no ETA. Not necessarily blaming Brothers, but if they cannot get satisfactory responses/delivery times from their vendors, they should consider changing vendors.
Davidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:59 AM   #47
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

I called and waited on hold. While on hold, one of the "brothers" of Brothers Trucks message says that they make it a priority to treat customers just like they would want to be treated if he was ordering parts for one of his restorations. I thought he may want to change that. In fairness, another recording states that they are running very low staff due to the COVID-19 mess and that orders are running slower than normal. When my call was answered they told me they are running 5 days out at a minimum from order to shipping. I'm not sure how/why the other vendors aren't having this issue, but I get it. Maybe in Cali it is more of a mess than the other vendors I have used.

Old 05-06-2020, 12:09 PM   #48
Davidf

I have placed many orders from Brothers during the Pandemic and shipping has been within the 24 (48 at the outset) hours of the order. No issues from my point of view.
Davidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 12:20 PM   #49
Basketcase889

Here is the reply when I asked for an ETA on the items I ordered.

3 items were in stock, 2 items were back ordered (1 being the biggest item of the disc brake conversion kit/drop spindles) which I didn't know until I had paid and got my order confirmation which I think is wrong and misleading. Good thing I haven't taken the truck apart yet or I would be SOL until they sent my parts.

"Hello,

You must not have received our most current email to you we just got cleared to ship internationally we are have been unable to for the past four weeks so we are working through all of the orders in order of when they were place it could be a two weeks before we have a final shipping quote for you. the disc brake kit is also back ordered from the supplier some of the components to the disc brake kit are imported and are taking long to come in."

Not sure why they can't ship internationally. Nobody else that I've ordered from during these times has an issue. But I will give them the benefit of the doubt because I don't know.

I also don't know why they need to quote my shipping? I paid $169 flat rate... I think that should cover it plenty no? Not sure why it would change..

They also billed me 100% up front (almost $1200USD) even though sounds like it will be a 4 week delay (ordered April 29th) to ship the in stock parts, and no idea on ETA for the back ordered items.

Sucks because the sale had good prices, and the CPP kit is more money and says it won't arrive until end of June/early July. I would cancel and go with them if it seemed any better.

Sad that ECE is gone..
Old 05-06-2020, 02:33 PM   #50
BCOWANWHEELS

Didnt you track your order
I BELIEVE IN JOHN 3:16
BCOWANWHEELS is offline   Reply With Quote