The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2007, 10:41 AM   #1
odog

67 K20 4x4

Ok last night I got tired of looking at my truck just sitting there waiting for me to start my build so I did it I started. Its a 67 small window K 20. Some of you probably saw it in another post but let me recap. I got it from my father in law in Montana. His dad bought it new, used it for a ranch truck until 2002. Had a very rough life. Floor is rusted out and all the metal is dented and creased. I put a new timing chain in it 3 years ago, drove it to get firewood for a year or two, then drove it to Idaho when we moved back here in 2004. It sat in my driveway since then waiting for me.

A couple weeks ago I bought the body off of a 69 lwb c 10. I love the small window and the hood of the 67, so I will keep them, but They are in such bad shape I will not be putting them on the truck right away. The 69 is completely straight so I will sand it all down and paint it and turn my 67 into a 69. When I get the small window cab rust free and welded back together I will but it back on with a 67 hood and make it back into a 67.

Last night I took off the 17" split rims, broke them down sanded and painted them black like original, took the bed back off, and wire brushed the frame until the wee hours. Also drained the rear end and refilled and resealed it. Gears look good, very low geared, 4:10's maybe 4:50's ot sure.

This is turning into a novel, sorry.

Let me know what you guys think. I am sure I will be asking lots of questions.
Attached Images

odog is offline   Reply With Quote