The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2019, 08:16 PM   #1
JerryIndy2112

HO72 rear drums

I did some searches on this site. I found a thread on the HO72 rear brake drums. They are no longer made for the 1971 axle. The thread said they used an earlier year drum, and drilled out the wheel studs to match the bigger ones the '71 used. Is this correct? I ordered 1969 drums. The drums I ordered are for the dually rear end, mine are not dually. I can return them if they do not look right when compared to what I have. I would also like information on separating the wheel bearing from the drum. I think I read that the studs will need replaced. I guess you have to pound out the studs, separate the two. Put on new drum and beat in new studs? Is this right? Or should I find a machine shop that can drill and press new studs in?
I have posted some of these questions on other threads without any comments or advice given. I have been on the message board for a year and have always had a good response and great advice on restoring my truck. Did I piss someone off? Am I asking the wrong questions? Everyone has been helpful in the past. Was kind of surprised to get no response. Maybe it just takes a new post to get attention to anyone who has solved this issue before. If I have made anyone mad, message me.

Jerry
JerryIndy2112 is offline   Reply With Quote