The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2020, 04:34 PM   #1
HellaciousA

Pulling the plug on an unfinished C10 project

Here's my project thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679611

I've invested probably close to 40k to get it to this point. It needs at least another 20k to finish, but as life happens, I don't have the time or funds to keep moving forward. The truck was not supposed to be a full frame off build, but it quickly snowballed into a protouring project that I thought I could finish within in 2-3 years. I'm on year 5, have a 10 month old baby, looking to have another in the next year, and also need to buy a house within the next 2 years (if not sooner). The money I could recoup from selling the project would help a lot for getting a home. In retrospect, I should have just ls swapped it and left the body alone. The original frame was twisted and diamond shaped, and the body had 6 layers of paint on it, and was full of bondo.

My family comes first, and I have 2 other high performance toys to keep me busy (an 04 GTO, and a 14 CTS-V). I regret starting something I can't finish, and now is the worst time to sell it, so I'm not planning to do anything until some type of economic recover starts to happen in the rest of the world. Maybe later on in my life I can reattempt another project, but I don't think it's in the cards for at least another 10-15 years (I'm 36 currently).

I've never sold an unfinished project before, so I'm looking for advice on what to do. Bringatrailer.com is an option to sell it complete as is, or go through the process of parting everything out separately, which would probably take a long time to get rid of. Here's a run down of what I have:

-No Limit Pro-10 Frame (viking coil overs, ford 9", 3.30 gears trutrac, wilwood 6 piston front, single piston rears). Upgraded splined roll bars, flaming river road race rack, rear side rail battery mount. Wilwood manual booster w/ proportioning valve, no limit fuel tank w/ upgraded fuel pump to run boost

-Factory A/c 1970 gmc c10 cab, media blasted, epoxy primered, new firewall, new cowl, new rockers (inner/outer), new cab corners, drip rails shaved, cab light shaved. Needs further body work to finish (roof, drip rails, and getting gaps tighter on the doors, and fitting the glass. High hump trans tunnel cover

-New hood w/ porterbuilt hinges, new fenders, new doors and latches

-New Windshield, new flush fit back glass

-Original bench seat, ididit column and steering shaft

-6.0 LQ4 from a 05 2500hd, street port/polish on 317 heads, Isky cam and springs, ls7 lifters, all new gaskets, all new sensors, block painted chevy orange, improved racing oil baffle, fbody pan, ls6 intake manifold and throttle body, holley fuel rails with 80 lb p/hr injectors, complete holley front accessory drive

-4L80E with hd2 shift kit and a jakes performance 2800 stall billet converter

-KB Racing 67-72 turbo kit with treadstone 1000hp intercooler, Borg Warner S480 turbo, w/ all hot/cold piping and ancillary items to make it work.

-Entropy aluminum radiator with dual fan shroud

-Holley dominator ECM and wire harnesses

I could probably get the truck running in the next 6 months, but I have no driveshaft nor do I have wheels that would clear the wilwood brakes (currently sitting on 17" rollers). I don't know if it's worth investing more money to get it to run and then sell or leave it as is. Typing this all up really sucks. My wife is not pressing me to sell it, but I don't want to pass up on an opportunity to buy a house just because I have money tied up in this project.
2014 Cadillac CTS-V Auto
HellaciousA is offline   Reply With Quote