The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #11
DustinU

Re: 1969 Blazer...To be my daily driver

I haven't updated this in a while so here is where I am at now...

I have installed the carpet, the sound deadener, jute combo worked out great and even with the top off it is quite! I am very happy with the out come. I re-hung the doors temporarily and bought a nice set of Southern California rust free truck doors to convert in the coming months. I swapped out the ignition, heater control and cig lighter (need to charge the phone), mirror and door panel/handles.

I also cut the free double wall top up and took the front for the roll bar bimini top (so no drilling the windshield). The top is actually being made today so I will post some pics of that soon.

I used window/door foam inside and bondo to fill (fiberglass would have been better but time and experience with it prevented it).

Next up, I need to swap out the hood hinges, install rear side panels and the ORD zero rate leafs to correct this:
DustinU is offline   Reply With Quote