The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-09-2015, 06:40 AM   #1
70c10guy

... transmission help.

Good morning fellas, well long story short mySag 3 speed blew up. I'm now looking to do the camaro/s10 hybrid t5 swap. I can't believe the lack of availability of ANY t5's by me. I was wondering if anyone had one for sale or know of any members that have access to one I really want to get my truck back on the road before the winter.. thanks all, appreciate the help coming and that's been given!
70c10guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 06:56 AM   #2
hugger6933

Re: ... transmission help.

Too bad your not closer, I have the whole thing just not yet together. It is still two whole transmissions. I thought about going a different way but I can't make up my mind until i get back to work on it.
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:44 AM   #3
Fitz
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70c10guy View Post
Good morning fellas, well long story short mySag 3 speed blew up. I'm now looking to do the camaro/s10 hybrid t5 swap. I can't believe the lack of availability of ANY t5's by me. I was wondering if anyone had one for sale or know of any members that have access to one I really want to get my truck back on the road before the winter.. thanks all, appreciate the help coming and that's been given!
Have you thought of an online buy? LKQ is one of the largest used auto parts broker and there are literally hundreds of T5's for sale there. $400-$700 is typical for a low mileage Camaro box. Here's one 53K miles on the clock 6 month warranty $550.00.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/96-97-98-99-...item54243a7e5b

I did this with an engine/trans dropout from a 2006 GTO and got computer and complete wiring harness on a 25K mile powertrain. How do I know the true mileage? It's encoded in the ECU.
Attached Images

Fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 12:11 PM   #4
hugger6933

I don't know about the cars but the mileage is only read by the bcm from the cluster. So going by that you can take a 150 thousand mile truck and if you put in a 10 thousand mile cluster the bcm [not ecu according to my tech2] it is gonna read the miles as 10K. I have done some studying on this issuse as I had a GMC truck come to me with a completely dead cluster.I was trying to find the miles but it only read the miles from a cluster I had put in. Now the only one I know of that does store the mileage in the BCM is the colorado and if you change the cluster the stored info changes too. Not to nitpick or try to start anything. 99% of the motors bought from salvage yards they know the mileage because of odometer statements that come with the truck/car when they buy them at the sale. Also on that note I hardly ever have drivetrain problems out of the wrecks I build cause they need to be running down the road to get wrecked in the first place. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote