The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-31-2021, 01:14 PM   #26
Big Kev-O

Re: uninsured driver

Glad you are ok. Hope you are feeling better, sorry about your truck. Hope the insurance co. helps you out. Seems every time I have been in an accident it has been caused by an uninsured driver. I figure it's because if you are dumb enough to drive without insurance you are also too irresponsible to keep your eyes on the road.

I assume the broken teeth mean you only have lap belts in your truck. My coworker cringes when he rides in my truck because he lost his front teeth in a accident driving a lap belt only car. This makes me think it's time to install the 3 point belts.
Old 08-31-2021, 01:39 PM   #27
72c20customcamper

Re: uninsured driver

NY is tough on uninsured drivers you cant register a car without at least a basic policy and if the ins lapses while you still have the plates it 8 bucks a day fine and after 30 days say goodbye to your license. And if you have an accident while uninsured you will get an appearance ticket for court . If its suspended you will get a free ride in the back of a police carto make sure you appear.

In NY any injury involving an automobile it's your insurance that pays if the injury occurs in your vehicle regardless of who is the at fault driver. Even if you slam your finger in the door its suppose to be the auto ins not your health ins that pays the hospital or dr . Dont know the ins law in Washington though
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote