The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2010, 11:08 PM   #1
truckman72

My 72 Chevy Stepper

I just became a member and i have a couple questions. First a little about my self I am 15 and a couple of years ago i started going over to my neighbors house every day who has some late 60's 70's vettes, chevelles, and camaros,and in no time I was hooked on the classic Chevy's, but I'm a little bit more intersted in trucks. He had this 1972 chevy stepside truck just sitting there and after much persuading, I convinced him into selling it to me. I've been working on it with my dad for little over a year. When i brought it home I pulled the giant rats nest out of it and went to work taking the truck completly apart. It seems to be going pretty slow, but its just now starting to pick up. We have sandblasted and painted the frame, rebuilt the brakes, and put all new seals in the rearend, and now we've moved onto the cab, replacing the usual rusted sheet metal. But a few week ago I broke my arm, so i'm out of comission for a couple of months. So in the mean time I'm going to learn as much as I can. I have some questions. I want to move the gas tank out of the cab, where can i find some patches for the filler, and a patch panel to fill in the air vents.

and oh one other thing, what are the holes on the side pillers (in the pictures) with the plugs for?
Attached Images

1969 Chevy Stepside
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=392738
truckman72 is offline   Reply With Quote