The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2018, 12:32 AM   #1
PGG

Speaking to mechanic about rebuilding my 350

I have a really nice 1972 K5 4x4 with matching numbers 350 now at about 107k miles or more on the engine and trans. I went to see my mechanic and spoke with him about a rebuild and adding about 75-100hp over stock. I said I would consider stroking it and aluminum heads. I want to do it with the factory block and spend whatever is needed to make sure it never blows ( forged everything) top machine shop etc and preserving the matching numbers. He wants to put my motor in storage and put a stroker engine (he already built that is a deal honestly) in saying thats the only way to really protect the original matching numbers engine and add plenty of HP. I feel like he is saying what he thinks is in my best long term interest. What do you all think? What would you do if you want to add a noticeable amount of power and didnt mind spending 4-6k?

Thanks PG

Last edited by PGG; 02-26-2018 at 01:19 AM.
PGG is offline   Reply With Quote