The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-28-2014, 05:02 PM   #51
76C10Stepside

Re: 89 S10 4.3 Need help troubleshooting TBI/IAC Idle issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTech View Post
Bleed Passage:
Some TBI units have a hole (Bleed passage) to release the fuel pressure when the pump stops and some TBI units hold the pressure after the engine is shut off. I have tried to find the criteria for which units have the bleed hole and which don’t but have never been able to find GM information on this.

I will see if I have photos of this, but not today. I have more projects then time.
Thanks!
76C10Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 05:02 PM   #52
76C10Stepside

I'm back from a long vacation from the S10. The driver side injector went from not spraying to a constant dribble, which flooded the crankcase with gas for the second time. A new injector got it back up and running. Runs pretty well, drove it around yesterday. But there was a slight smell of gas. The first time I looked for leaks, I didn't see any.

New Problems!

1. The coolant temp guage does not register at all.
Cleaned up the ground connections at the front of the intake manifold as suggested, then started engine to see if that fixed, only to find...

2. BOTH of the fuel line fittings in/out of the throttle body were leaking. After tightening both very snug, it is still leaking slightly. I noticed that the line fittings have plastic seals on the ends. Will I have to replace entire lines with new ones?

Thanks
Old 04-05-2015, 05:06 PM   #53
76C10Stepside

BTW, yes I did change the oil and filter before driving it! There was about 2 gallons of gas in the oil! No kidding! The only thing I found when I drained it was some bits of black rubber (crank seal?), but there are no oil leaks at all. There were also a few small bits of metal, not much. Otherwise very clean. Used Shell Rotella T 10W30 and an AC Delco filter.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:08 PM   #54
ChevyTech

There should be little brown o-rings on the fuel lines where they connect to the TBI unit.

The O-rings are sold separately.

The sensor for the dash temperature gauge in the cylinder head and is separate from the coolant sensor in the intake that the computer monitors.

If you unplug the wire from the sensor the gauge should read cold with the key on.

If you ground the wire that is suppose to plug on the sensor the gauge should read hot with the key on.
ChevyTech is offline   Reply With Quote