The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-31-2015, 07:33 PM   #1
CaliCode

Oooh Craig and his list...

This ones questionable, but could go either way so anyone interested could come out way on top here!....

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4958073093.html
CaliCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:37 PM   #2
68bowtie

Re: Oooh Craig and his list...

it's funny when people ask for offers by text when they don't post pictures...

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:56 PM   #3
CaliCode

Yea this is NOT a good example of "how to sell a truck" haha...good thing he is not in a rush to "sale"
Old 03-31-2015, 09:44 PM   #4
68panelman

Im with you there, Why do CL people always try to "sale" their items instead of trying to "sell" their items?.
68panelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:13 PM   #5
special-K
Special Order

I seen a lot of members here post vehicles for sell. I wanted to sale my truck, but didn't saw none of them orange and black signs what said FOR SELL so I give it down... I mean up

All in fun...all in fun

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 04-01-2015 at 10:48 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:46 PM   #6
Sklptrljay

So is it $1800 or 2450$?

"An" one other thing. Is it for sell, sale, sail, or cell?

Don't want to "loose" out on this one.

Also, just because it drives me nuts, remember the differences:

To, too, two.
There, their, they're.
Were, where, we're.
Whether, weather.
Breaks, brakes.
Loose, lose.

1972 GMC 4X4 K1500 Survivor - Sold

No matter what problems life throws at you, your time on Earth can be incredibly fulfilling and rewarding.....if you just lower your expectations. -Phil Dunphy
Sklptrljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:11 AM   #7
swamp rat

I gotta admit almost everyday on the local facebook C10 page somebody has something for sell, or would like to sale a truck, this drives me nuts. Is this a breakdown of public schools in general?

Sometimes i feel like posting what i typed above in the page in question to vent but haven't, glad this was brought up here.

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:21 AM   #8
leddzepp

The last time I saled a truck it sank

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:38 AM   #9
Sklptrljay

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
The last time I saled a truck it sank

No matter what problems life throws at you, your time on Earth can be incredibly fulfilling and rewarding.....if you just lower your expectations. -Phil Dunphy
Old 04-01-2015, 12:50 AM   #10
swamp rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sklptrljay View Post
I'm gonna download that pic when i get home! LOL!

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:04 AM   #11
Sklptrljay

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
I'm gonna download that pic when i get home! LOL!
The smart car one is off topic, but I just find it hilarious.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:15 AM   #12
TBONE1964
Cluster King

I have this to sell or, I have this to sale. Neither one will bring a spell check up so it must be OK

When your grandchildren cannot count change without an app, thank Steve Jobs.

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 10:31 AM   #13
CaliCode

All i have to say is you guys are hilarious!....i had a hearty chuckle or two reading these responses haha...i cant stand the sale/sell interchanging, and i see it more and more... Monkey see, monkey do! Speaking of apps, i helped a customer yesterday who filled out a check for the first time ever, and referenced his "check app" before filling out each line
Old 04-01-2015, 10:51 AM   #14
tommys72

Seriuosly? A check app?

tommys72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 11:09 AM   #15
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
So is it $1800 or 2450$?

To, too, two.
There, their, they're.
Were, where, we're.
Whether, weather.
Breaks, brakes.
Loose, lose.
Disk breaks work better then drum
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliCode View Post
All i have to say is you guys are hilarious!....i had a hearty chuckle or two reading these responses haha...i cant stand the sale/sell interchanging, and i see it more and more... monkey see, monkey do! Speaking of apps, i helped a customer yesterday who filled out a check for the first time ever, and referenced his "check app" before filling out each line
Yep, the more technology does for us the dumber we get. Can't get people to give you directions without them wanting to just give the address for the navigation device. "Can't you just tell how to get there?" People don't know their best friend's phone number any more. "I LOST MY DATA!!". Now cars looking out for your safety, as well as others? "No need to look. The car will stop if anything is back there." I dunno, I'm gonna keep usin' the mind the lord gimme so I don't lose what I done learnt all these year. My simplicity is intentional, not ignorant. I'm not in a hurry to hop on the dummin' down bus just yet. It is more wise to keep it simple and right than to over complicate things. That which giveth shall also taketh. I'll just keepith what I haveith and try to get better withith it. I don't judge ignorant people. I try to teach them in a way they can relate. It's the upper crusty ignorant I'm hard on. The most ignorant ones on earth are the ones who think they know it all and/or place themselves above others. Yeah, I get a lot out of a li'l ole Craigslist listing

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 04-01-2015, 11:37 AM   #16
67 cst swb

Quote:
So is it $1800 or 2450$?

To, too, two.
There, their, they're.
Were, where, we're.
Whether, weather.
Breaks, brakes.
Loose, lose.
Don't forget;
Your, You're, You Are and Y'er Oar (as in... "Hey, ya dropped Y'er oar in the water!"
1967 Chevrolet CST LWB originally a 327 TH400 3.73 Posi AC PS PB, had Buddy Buckets, Small Window - parts truck
1967 Chevrolet CST LWB, 283 MT 3.73 had Buddy Buckets, Panoramic Window - parts truck
2001 Chevrolet 3500 2WD Crew Cab Dually 8.1L Allison White
2002 Chevrolet 1500HD 4x4 Crew Cab 6.0L 4L80E Red

Last edited by 67 cst swb; 04-01-2015 at 11:43 AM.
67 cst swb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:08 PM   #17
special-K
Special Order

...and I'd like to add...

I want people to know, while some of these grammatical errors can be taken as ignorant to those who don't speak that way, I don't think some are at all. The sell/sale and seen/saw thing is totally regional and I think it's about kinship. The old familiar, "You're not (or you ain't) from around here, are you?", thing comes into play. We as humans want to feel accepted/connected. It goes back to tribal times and tribal/territorial is only human. Upper crusties have their own ways of doing the same thing. Somehow when you mispronounce Harvard as Hahvahd or tomato as tomahto it shows you are more educated? Really? They don't have English class in private schools? Cuz I did well in public school somehow and the letter 'r' doesn't sound like an 'h' and when a single consonant follows a vowel it is to be pronounced as a long vowel when in the middle of a word.
I work for a woman brought up all prim and proper. When I mention the Maryland town of Havre De Grace phonically (and the way we here in MD say it) she corrects me with, "It's Hahva dey Grah"*, as if suddenly becoming French for one word. I've said to her, "Well, I'm not French or English. I'm an American from Maryland, it's our town and that's how we say it". She'll say, "Well, my father always corrected people for pronouncing it that way". My reply, "And how did he pronounce Paris or Detroit?". That's when I make my point. We speak American in this country, just like Australians speak English the way they chose.
Proper English begs for improvement in many ways. What does 'you' mean, one or many people? Both! That's why an hour south of here in VA they say y'all, right here many say you all, an hour north in PA they say yous, and a bit to the west in OH they say you'ins. We are only trying to be more clear to distinguish we are addressing many rather than just one. It really makes a difference at times. I feel totally uncomfortable not saying you all, but when I'm south I might say y'all because I feel I am southern. When I go north or west to OH I don't say it their way because my accent doesn't fit and I like being seen as 'not from around here'.
There are so many ways to speak this language from one area to another. This is the internet and we are all brought together as one where we see these differences. I traveled a lot of this country when I was young and have had lots of time to get used to it all. As long as we know what someone means, it's all good...and colorful! Ain't that right, Jethro? And what say you, Jefferson?

* Do we pronounce it Brett Fahva? Not Favre, either. I guess the proper "French" is pronounced Farve, (kinda like centre pronounced center?) so they would pronounce it Harve I guess.

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 04-02-2015 at 08:20 AM. Reason: changed the Not Farve to Not Favre
Old 04-01-2015, 12:09 PM   #18
Sklptrljay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 cst swb View Post
Don't forget;
Your, You're, You Are and Y'er Oar (as in... "Hey, ya dropped Y'er oar in the water!"

I forgot to add:

Are, our.
It's, its.
Then, than.
Effect, affect.
Except, accept.
Desert, dessert.
Principal, principle.

And maybe my biggest pet peeve of all, is people who can't grasp the concept of using PARAGRAPHS!

Old 04-02-2015, 08:09 AM   #19
special-K
Special Order

how about capitalizing and punctuation that's what tears me up i mean how are we to make out what is being said when everything is run together don't people want us to grasp what they are saying i thought the whole purpose of writing or speaking was to communicate it's a waste of time to write what can't be understood don't you agree i mean come on really just use a little dot every now and then at least how hard is that i dont let most of this actually bother me just see it and think whatever but i would like to know what they are saying by the end of what i read know what i mean sheesh

Tim

Old 04-02-2015, 09:11 AM   #20
Sklptrljay

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
how about capitalizing and punctuation that's what tears me up i mean how are we to make out what is being said when everything is run together don't people want us to grasp what they are saying i thought the whole purpose of writing or speaking was to communicate it's a waste of time to write what can't be understood don't you agree i mean come on really just use a little dot every now and then at least how hard is that i dont let most of this actually bother me just see it and think whatever but i would like to know what they are saying by the end of what i read know what i mean sheesh
oKaye u gots me im gonna try not to be a spelling and grahmer notzi but 1 thing i cant stop being annoyed by is ppl hu abb all there words is it so diff 2 js spel out wht ur ritin how els will erebudy now wut ur sayin

Old 04-02-2015, 09:38 AM   #21
67 cst swb

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I see what you did there.
You wrote about capitalizing and punctuation, then didn't use either one.
Brilliant!
1967 Chevrolet CST LWB originally a 327 TH400 3.73 Posi AC PS PB, had Buddy Buckets, Small Window - parts truck
1967 Chevrolet CST LWB, 283 MT 3.73 had Buddy Buckets, Panoramic Window - parts truck
2001 Chevrolet 3500 2WD Crew Cab Dually 8.1L Allison White
2002 Chevrolet 1500HD 4x4 Crew Cab 6.0L 4L80E Red
67 cst swb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:14 AM   #22
mrein3

Your funny
Center City, MN
mrein3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:34 AM   #23
Pick

or.........board out 40 over with all them Elderbrock goodies?

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/pts/4930599061.html

I was trying to think of well-known performance vendors' names that get butchered regularly and that one was the first to come to mind.....a quick search for Elderbrock turned up plenty of results.....some with other words misabused as a bonus.

A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play. He simply pursues his vision of excellence through whatever he is doing, and leaves others to determine whether he is working or playing. To himself, he always appears to be doing both. L. P. Jack
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:38 AM   #24
Longhorn 70

nottomentionwhenpeopleforgetspacesbetweenwords.

I try to not judge as I make grammatical errors quite often. I will therefore be quite...uh quiet about them.

And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. Gal 6:9
Longhorn 70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:44 AM   #25
Justin@EntropyRad

For sell, must sale.

Girlfriend pregnant, wife found out

Need family car, but will consider trades for sportbikes

Cash valve 1800, trade value 3500...WTF is with people these days
Sales/Support
Entropy Radiator / Engineered Cooling Products
"The Sexiest Radiators For The Sexiest Hot Rods" - www.EntropyRad.com www.speedcooling.com
Justin@EntropyRad is offline   Reply With Quote