The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-25-2023, 01:38 PM   #1
jjk3
It's just a check engine lamp.

'68 floor pans

I'm going to replace the entire floor pan in my '68 and I'm looking for recommendations on a quality floor pan with all of the braces. The prices vary quite a bit and all of them will require freight shipping, so that's not a huge factor. Anybody have experience with these pans and how they fit, or any other brand? LMC is tempting, but I don't know if it is junk and will require a ton of extra work to fit properly. Fyi: The floor and braces are rusty and I'm going from a small hump to a large hump for transmission clearance.

Thanks,
John

AMD- Tri-Plus brand - $550
https://www.autometaldirect.com/body...d-p-30933.html

NPD- $626
https://www.npdlink.com/product/comp...gh-hump/218928

LMC- $499
https://www.lmctruck.com/1967-72-che...r-pan-assembly

Holley Classic Trucks- $477 (waiting on a reply on if this comes with the floor bracing).
https://www.holley.com/products/rest...parts/A1908-67

Ecklers's- $754
https://www.ecklers.com/1967-1972-ch...-855500-1.html

68 SWB Stepside 250 L6/3 on the floor/ Hedman headers, HEI, MSD 6A box, K&N filter, Offy intake and Edelbrock 600cfm 4 barrel
Soon to have: WC T-5 five speed
66 SWB Stepside-undergoing restoration
jjk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 01:21 PM   #2
Jason Banks

Re: '68 floor pans

I hope someone had some input here. I can't imagine there are very many companies actually making these.
Jason Banks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 01:24 PM   #3
Jason Banks

Here's another option:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/OER-153678
or
https://www.oerparts.com/product/153678.html

I recently ordered the one from Summit, but I can go pick it up. They say it won't arrive until January, but that is fine with me.
Old 10-26-2023, 04:35 PM   #4
jjk3

Jason, thanks for the links and reply. I didn't see the high hump pan on Summit's website when I first looked, but obviously I missed it. Those OER pans appear to be pretty great quality and I see that some of their stuff is licensed by GM, so that's a huge plus. As of right this moment that one is the front runner.

Holley emailed me back abd said their pan does not come with the braces, so that ones out. Hopefully some other people will chime in with their experiences as well.

68 SWB Stepside 250 L6/3 on the floor/ Hedman headers, HEI, MSD 6A box, K&N filter, Offy intake and Edelbrock 600cfm 4 barrel
Old 10-26-2023, 04:55 PM   #5
Jason Banks

If you go to that oerparts.com link and click find a dealer. If you look at their map there are some dealers near you. I'm sure none of them have one sitting there, but maybe you could get them to get you one and combine shipping with something else they may need?

I feel super lucky to have Summit within driving distance. If somethings wrong with it, I'll just have them get me another...
Old 10-27-2023, 12:28 PM   #6
jjk3

I looked at some of them, but they appear to be small time shops and I doubt I'll have much luck. NDP does have a distribution center a little over 2 hours away from me, so that is an option as well. I'll have to factor in fuel cost during the price comparison.

AMD doesn't offer their own floor pan for this truck. One is from Tri-Plus, which is made in Taiwan, and the other is from X-Parts which seems like the bottom of the barrel option. Neither of those appeal to me, but I would take the Tri-Plus over X-Parts if I had to.

NPD does offer some Dynacorn floors, but only in the low hump version. Interestingly enough, NPD, Summit Racing, Eckler's, Jegs, and Classic Industries are all OER distributors. It wouldn't surprise me if their pans are from OER, but I have no way to prove that.

At this point, it looks like the OER pan is the way to go. Thanks, Jason.

Old 10-27-2023, 01:46 PM   #7
chewychevy67

I had a tri plus one put in my 67cab by a professional last fall. He said it fit well but had to do some massaging in the front corners where it meets the firewall. It was a low hump and had the stamping for the jack under the seat.
chewychevy67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 01:57 PM   #8
67km1590

I got my complete high hump floor pan almost a year ago from Southern Kentucky Classics right when they were being bought out by Holley and picked it up at their warehouse in Bowling Green Ky as they were moving out. It didn't have a brand name on it but I think it was a Tri Plus. Anyway the quality was very good and fit really well. It had all the braces and cab mounts. Their part number at that time was A1908-67 which is the same number that Holly is using now and still shown at the same $477.00 price that I paid then.
67km1590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 11:25 AM   #9
Jason Banks

jjk3 did you ever order a floor? My order from summit still says 1/21/2024 pickup...
Old 12-04-2023, 11:53 AM   #10
68 C10 Driver

Does the entire floor pan really need to be replaced, or is this your preference? I only had to replace the outer 6 inches or so, and part of the toe board around the kick panel area. All but one of the cab supports were also toast so I replaced those. I ordered the parts from LMC and they fit great - the guage of the metal was good and it welded up very nice.
68 C10 Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 02:31 PM   #11
Jason Banks

68 C10 Driver, I did the same on a truck, outer floor, cab supports, other patches on the floor.

With the outer floor parts and other patch panels that are included with the full floor, you are almost half way to the cost of a whole floor. It seems to me that doing the whole floor will save time, welding, cutting, grinding and I sandblasted the bottom of the cab after doing all the patches.

I'm going to find out this time it it's really less work but about twice the money. I guess I'm not accounting for welding wire, welding gas, sand paper, grinding wheels etc...

The other advantage I see is, knowing the floor doesn't have any more hidden rust, mainly in the boxed support that runs across the back of the cab. But, also between the back of the cab and the floor.
Old 12-06-2023, 12:02 AM   #12
sauxs

I purchased the entire high hump floor from LMC and had my body guy put it in my 70 C10 cab. I picked it up, so there wasn't any shipping charges. He didn't make any comments about any issues putting it in, so I assume it went in without any issues.
sauxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 09:43 AM   #13
68 C10 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Banks View Post
68 C10 Driver, I did the same on a truck, outer floor, cab supports, other patches on the floor.

With the outer floor parts and other patch panels that are included with the full floor, you are almost half way to the cost of a whole floor. It seems to me that doing the whole floor will save time, welding, cutting, grinding and I sandblasted the bottom of the cab after doing all the patches.

I'm going to find out this time it it's really less work but about twice the money. I guess I'm not accounting for welding wire, welding gas, sand paper, grinding wheels etc...

The other advantage I see is, knowing the floor doesn't have any more hidden rust, mainly in the boxed support that runs across the back of the cab. But, also between the back of the cab and the floor.
PaulK_C10 has a great video series on YouTube doing floor work on his C10, I think he just patched his, but he does reinforce the cab as if he were replacing the whole floor. Be sure to reinforce your cab before removing the floor!
68 C10 Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 10:38 PM   #14
Jason Banks

Thought I'd come back and update. I picked up the OER floor from Summit in Arlington TX on Saturday. I ordered it 10/22/2023 an they called me 2/29 and said it was in(Orignially expected 1/21/2024, when that slipped they said 3/29/24, so I was shocked when they called).

$470.88, out the door with Texas sales tax. Haven't picked up the truck it is for yet but I looked at the floor pretty good and it looks nice. I'll update with how it fits.