The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-21-2019, 10:16 AM   #26
mygmctruck1

Re: My Frustration Level High

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I bet he laughed because you said 1968. Tell me what length stud you needed.

I told you the facts on what is different between the Chevy and GMC in '68. Nothing that isn't different any other year. GMCs ran Dana rears and Chevys ran corporate. And, through '69 GMC offered the V6 that Chevy never did. What makes you think a Dorman employee would be an expert on this year and model truck? BTW, your figures on how many were made and how many are left (How do you know?) are way off. If you want to know the actual production numbers I'm sure there are dozens of members here who could give you the actual facts. But nobody knows how many are left running around.

You are getting help here and you are fighting it. We have nothing to gain by offering misleading information or giving you a false impression. We are a network here. What info one guy can't find another guy might have and we are ready to share. If how things work here don't work for you I believe you will be the first one. Many a truck owner has come here lost and bewildered to walk away with the info they needed. I'd like to help you with any other issues you run into, if I can. You're not done yet, right?

I never said I got wrong information , where did you get that idea. I also Have gotten much help . And as for wheel studs , when the Dorman rep , tells me what he can do but it’s not the proper studs . Do you know more than he does about there product ? You are reading more into what this thread started out as. I said I was frustrated about how difficult it was to get this truck done and I didn’t complain about this site or the help I have gotten. And from some of the answers I’m not alone in my endeavors . There is a difference between the 68 K1500 and 68: K10 . The research tells me GMC and Chevy did not use the same platforms for there trucks until around 1970: so how can they be the same . Yes many of the parts are but much is not . Tell me why in many of the resto parts books , the year 68 Chevy parts are available but the 68 GMC are not . Yet there indenical . Can’t be .
mygmctruck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:27 AM   #27
special-K
Special Order

Re: My Frustration Level High

I needed to dig a hole in my yard. The day I went about doing it there was rain. I started digging that whole anyway because I felt it could be done. The rain got hard as soon as I began. Water and mud kept washing in as fast as I could dig it out. It was obvious to me I was not going to be able to dig that hole so I walked away. All good intentions yet just couldn't make it happen. Just made a muddy mess.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote