The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2020, 03:52 PM   #1
FAKKY

FANS (and AC)

Bought the BP AUTO DIY harness some time ago. Been working on the truck for almost 3-4 years. I couldnt determine how I had wired the truck so far back and was concerned AC wasn't done correct so pulled it all apart.

Here is a pic of the wiring as it comes for the BP auto harness.

The problem is that the FAN#1 has a smaller gauge green wire that is going to the engine harness ..... assume that is the signal (ground wire) received by sensor/ecm.

The blue (Fan#2 ) does not. The smaller gauge wire is free floating once it leaves the BP harness.

Is this due to my original donor vehicle only having 1 fan ? (2007 Hummer H2) and 1 wire control.

How would I go about making the 2nd fan work.

I want the 1st fan to control the radiator fan.

The 2nd fan I want to control the AC condenser fan with a binary switch (so always on as soon as the switch is enabled in cab).

The original instructions only say

Engine Connection Wiring Guide
=====================

** Dark Green - Fan1 Relay Control - This is the signal wire from the ecm/pcm that turns on the the low speed or first stage cooling fan. This is a ground signal.

**Dark Blue- Fan2 Relay Control - This is the signal wire from the ecm/pcm that turns on the the low speed or first stage cooling fan. This is a ground signal.

Chassis Connections Wiring Guide
=====================

Dark Green 12 Gauge - Fan 1 30A - This is the 12v feed to your low speed or first stage

Dark Blue 12 Gauge - Fan 2 30A - This is the 12v feed to your high speed or second stage