The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-04-2014, 07:33 AM   #251
clemdaddy

Re: tilly to the rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj383ss View Post
Love the WW's.

Bret
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlthe3rd View Post
Anything new happening on tilly lately? great build so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. MCCAULEY View Post
Diggin the drop as well in the pictures....I like the stock height the best, but I don't wanna go against the flow to much. lol.
the flat paint, the wide whites and the lowered ride all got vetoed. owner wanted stock look and gloss black paint and also no boat flake gold paint on the roof.
so were swinging 180 degrees the other way but its ok, still works for me.

right now tilly has been blown back apart for final paint. all the subassemblies
are being finished to be put together after they are painted. the truck is all over the place.

sam and kims patina truck is close to completing. still need mirrors and windshield rubber but it runs and drives good. i will post up some pics on the green truck in a day or two.

you were spot-on tj... the stock look was the winner.
clemdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:40 AM   #252
Bomp

Sounds amazing.
Got my Clem fix now I can start my day. Im almost able to get back to my stuff soon. (bathroom never ending renovation)

You do great work Clem can't wait for the pics
Bomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:19 PM   #253
Ta2Don

Pics Soon!!!

Tilly at Stock Height...
Proverbs 27:17
US Air Force Retarded errr Retired
My '65 Stepper Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=533920
My '60 Rusty Patina Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...66#post7402266
My '72 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...59#post7204359 SOLD
Ta2Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:39 PM   #254
aggie91
I'm just glad to be here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
also mixed up some paint for the front fenders. i had my local paint jobber shoot a pic of the original green and mix a pint. then shot a pic of places that had been washed out by 40 years of sun and weather and mixed a pint. it was amazing how different the 2 colors were and on the same truck. after some tinting and flattening, and spraying a bunch of test strips i laid down the final choice...
Just read thru some of your builds today. You do great work.

One question, What type of paint did you have the shop mix up? Enamel, Laquer, Urethane? How much flattening did you end up with?

1965 Chevy Stepside(Grandpa's Old Blue) and (July 2015 Shop Build!)(2020, the Saga Continues)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=372424

The LST Challenge:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post7812257

Korbin's 1st Square: "Sunburn"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=418618

1985 GMC Sierra: "White Trash", Korbin's 2nd now...
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=632305

Henry - 1984 Chevrolet, Owen's 1st Square
aggie91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:15 PM   #255
clemdaddy

thanks... appreciate it.

i use, duponts step-child Nason brand, single stage acrylic enamel with about a 50-50 mix of the flatting agent. i also got pints of red, yellow, blue and white and black to tint and shade with as well as mix the rusty brown colors. then a matte finish clear urethane goes on top to blend the sheen with the original paint. mostly using a touchup gun and a pasche VL airbrush.

hope that helps some and makes a bit of sense.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:06 PM   #256
clemdaddy

wow... 5th of february. my last post was awhile ago. time for an update. in fact probably lots of them.
this weekend will be nice weather and a good one for taking pics.

first up, sam & kims c-20 heirloom patina truck.

Name:  s&k.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  77.3 KB
very close to gone away. still need to get carpet done and finish antiquing the mirrors.

Name:  292.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  71.5 KB
the freshly overhauled 292 was upgraded with power steering and power brakes as well as a oil bath air cleaner, thanks sig.

Name:  dash.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  61.7 KB
the dash was gone through so everything works like it should. even the old AM radio hums and buzzes like new.

Name:  bumper.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  52.1 KB
put a better bumper on and will replace the backups.

this ol'girl runs and drives great, the power glide was rebuilt and shifts smoothly, its just a nice 3/4 ton brought back to duty for the original family.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:42 PM   #257
Bomp

Nice work Clem. Seeing that truck brought back to duty makes me want to pull the trigger on one (I've got my eye on buying another) but for now my stable is full.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:21 PM   #258
clemdaddy

thanks buddy. any we can save and put back in to use... makes me happy

Name:  pb_chassis.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  57.5 KB
the following truck is a 64 swb bbw patina build that i've been waiting too long to start on. so most of the effort has gone into the chassis. dropped spindles, dropped springs, baby notches and disc brakes...

Name:  patina_blue.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  67.4 KB
the cab has all the typical midwestern rust issues... rockers, inners, braces and floor patches. but we've been there before. the best part is consistent color. and with a little work i'm hoping to do the repairs and make them undetectable by painting to match the original paint.

Name:  patina_blue2.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  60.0 KB
sounds easy huh... well, we'll see if it can happen as planned.

Name:  pb_parts.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  78.1 KB
over the years i have gotten a few blue and white trucks so there is a pretty good selection of parts to pick from.

sorry to be confusing with the thread title. i have been spending some time on the utility bed, just not things that are easy to document with pictures.

tilly has been blown apart for painting all the body panels and the weather hasn't been paint friendly. but now that spring has arrived there should be more progress on the title truck. i guess staying busy is a good thing even if not on what you want to do...
Old 03-22-2014, 07:33 PM   #259
Ta2Don

Glad to see you haven't turned into a snowman standing in the produce aisle picking your nose...

Seriously, great to see you back in action...
Old 03-22-2014, 07:58 PM   #260
clemdaddy

some of you guys knew that razorback red recently sold to a nice couple in northern michigan. before they pick it up they wanted a few upgrades. we added power brakes to the truck and also a sound system.

Name:  pwbrake.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  76.7 KB
years ago i ordered some sets of coiled stainless brake lines to go between the master cyl. and proportional valve. just to get a clean look from the pros because try as i might, getting a nice tight coil from stainless was way more frustration than success.

Name:  alpine.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  42.3 KB
i'm addicted to alpine car stereos so when the new owner wanted some sounds, there just wasn't any choice. did use a dual speaker replacement in the stock location and it sounds amazingly good, considering. fortunately the new owner is more about NPR and not so much rock & roll. should do fine...

Name:  steplate.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  38.1 KB
a problem i had was with the seatbelt. when you took it off, it would naturally drop down along the seat and if you didn't notice it when you got out, chances are, the closing door would push the belt and scratch the painted area outside the step plates. and it did. my solution was to either get retractable belts, which i didn't want to do or spray the jam with some durable epoxy bedliner. i think the solution worked out good and the black color goes well with the interior colors.

Name:  snowy_red.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  54.0 KB
heres a shot of one of our typical winter days last year. even though red is headed north at least she will be garaged when this stuff happens. adios red...
Old 03-22-2014, 08:39 PM   #261
sigshooter

There is a guy here who has an original 66 with the bracket missing on the air cleaner of the green truck. I am sure we can get you a pattern from it if you are interested.
1964 long bed
1965 long bed Custom Cab, factory air, V-8, powerglide
sigshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:58 PM   #262
clemdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
Glad to see you haven't turned into a snowman standing in the produce aisle picking your nose...

Seriously, great to see you back in action...
thanks, its nice to be back... missed it.
so, you're heading to memphis? sounds interesting... never been to the super chevy show there. i'm heading to austin on the 1st to the roundup, its my hotrod side i can't seem to quench...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigshooter View Post
There is a guy here who has an original 66 with the bracket missing on the air cleaner of the green truck. I am sure we can get you a pattern from it if you are interested.
haha, only you would notice the missing bracket. thanks sig, already made it, just not installed. looking forward to hanging out when you visit this may. we'll definitely be doing some bar time...
Old 03-22-2014, 10:21 PM   #263
65Gregg

Great work as usual, what are you taking to LSR.

Blue long bed
White TBSS
61 Impala
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” Mark Twain
65Gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:26 PM   #264
sigshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
thanks, its nice to be back... missed it.
so, you're heading to memphis? sounds interesting... never been to the super chevy show there. i'm heading to austin on the 1st to the roundup, its my hotrod side i can't seem to quench...

haha, only you would notice the missing bracket. thanks sig, already made it, just not installed. looking forward to hanging out when you visit this may. we'll definitely be doing some bar time...
I definetely need some bar time, things are stressful! I am going to have a heartache before my next birthday at this rate!! ! ! I had a six pack and was heading your way today.....
1964 long bed
Old 03-23-2014, 11:09 AM   #265
clemdaddy

another beautiful day in the ozarks and i got an early start in the body shop.
going to finish up this months post with a pic of the 50 chevy that i'm painting.

Name:  marions.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  49.8 KB
its been a couple of weeks of hammering, grinding, filling and sanding but i'm starting to see the end.

Name:  barn.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  61.9 KB
last friday i went to the country and bought this old hotrod. 32 five window that was last titled in 1951 in california. has a merc flathead with evans script heads, has a beautiful chop and is channeled 6". this is an arkansas barn find except around here they're called chickenhouse finds.

Name:  shop_east.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  60.2 KB
been building a new addition to the place... 24' x 30' drive through shop of the east side.

Name:  louvers.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  30.0 KB
couldn't end my monthly report without a tilly update... not much but its something.

thanks for the comments fellas... more next month.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:28 AM   #266
chad64chevy

hey things are looking good in your neck of the woods! I got a garage now, and the weather is only going to get better, time to start getting a lot of stuff done!
chad64chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:40 AM   #267
Bomp

Nice chickenhouse find and diggin the added on drive through shop. Your addition is bigger than my whole shop.
Enjoy the the nice weather
Old 03-23-2014, 11:42 AM   #268
ChrisDollins

Cool trucks! I really like the 32 hotrod. Going to make for a cool car. My brother lives in Lowell, next time we're over on that side of the state, I'd love to swing by and check out the trucks. Me and Sarah even thought about cruising the 66 over there some time.

Chris
ChrisDollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:29 PM   #269
66chevy43

Very cool build and thanks for taking the time to post up your progress. This my friend, is why I love this forum. Good people, great builds, love for the trucks and helping them come back to life. Looking forward to the Grande Finale!
66chevy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:15 PM   #270
Ta2Don

Droolin' over the Chickenhouse find...

Drive-Thru addition...
Old 03-23-2014, 02:34 PM   #271
flips72

the heirloom truck is awesome, man that would make a great daily driver. cant wait to see it all come together on the 64, and I too am drooling over the chicken house find. great work and by the way the booster looks right at home on red.
flips72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 02:57 PM   #272
Jeff La

Quote:

Drive-Thru addition...
+1 I need a chicken house find like that
Jeff La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:16 PM   #273
clemdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad64chevy View Post
hey things are looking good in your neck of the woods! I got a garage now, and the weather is only going to get better, time to start getting a lot of stuff done!
watching your build for pics of that new shop and congrats on the move and the job...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Nice chickenhouse find and diggin the added on drive through shop. Your addition is bigger than my whole shop.
Enjoy the the nice weather
for the space you got you use every inch and very well too. camaros in the rafters... man it would freak me out just knowing they're up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDollins View Post
Cool trucks! I really like the 32 hotrod. Going to make for a cool car. My brother lives in Lowell, next time we're over on that side of the state, I'd love to swing by and check out the trucks. Me and Sarah even thought about cruising the 66 over there some time.

Chris
thanks and the next time you are over this way, stop in, always like to meet a fellow truckster... in fact, plan on driving that 66 this way on the 3rd saturday in october, we have a cruise in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66chevy43 View Post
Very cool build and thanks for taking the time to post up your progress. This my friend, is why I love this forum. Good people, great builds, love for the trucks and helping them come back to life. Looking forward to the Grande Finale!
you are exactly right about this forum and thanks for the compliment.

Quote:

Drive-Thru addition...
thanks sir don... i have no idea why i got that old car. out of control or something i guess. oh well, needed a little yard art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flips72 View Post
the heirloom truck is awesome, man that would make a great daily driver. cant wait to see it all come together on the 64, and I too am drooling over the chicken house find. great work and by the way the booster looks right at home on red.
thanks flip. i like the c20 too. and that static dropped 64 is gonna be fun. you and don keep your drool to yourself, we got plenty of rust around here already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
+1 I need a chicken house find like that
thanks man, theres just something about those old hotrods but i never thought i would find one. turns out a truck buddy had it in his family and one thing led to another. now its here.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:22 PM   #274
sigshooter

Wow, are you feeling ok? It is past your bedtime! :-) lol
1964 long bed
Old 03-24-2014, 10:06 PM   #275
clemdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigshooter View Post
Wow, are you feeling ok? It is past your bedtime! :-) lol
now thats funny... sometimes i make it till 9 o'clock but probably not tonight. i've found out that if you have to get up more than 3 times to pee every night, you need to get to bed early.
i never signed up for this getting old stuff, it just happened.