The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2019, 07:45 AM   #1
Jaysonb

Freshening up the 80 k10

It's time to fix up our old k10! I bought this truck years ago "ready to paint", in primer. Not knowing any better, I painted the truck, and the paint looked nice for about 2 years, and then rust started coming through. A few years later the primer started cracking and peeling, and now the truck looks like crap. I have installed a goodwrench 350, a freshened up th350, and I rebuilt the np205, new springs, and all sorts of stuff over the last few years. This truck gets used alot, makes trips to the dump, pulls the car trailer, has served winter truck duty for the last few years, and it's time for the old girl to get some attention. The plan is pretty simple, it needs cab corners, rockers, doors, the front fenders are poor fitting aftermarket units, and the bedsides have a ton of old bodywork in them, I have some nice rust free GM front fenders, and bedsides that just need some minor body work, I have a set of new doors that I'll uses if I can get them to fit decent, and have to do a little rust repair on the bed floor. I think I'm going to change the color to "sour apple green metallic", and possibly 2 tone it with white, but at this point I'm undecided about the 2 tone, I do have a full trim kit for the truck that will go on either way. This won't be a super fancy build, just getting our old truck back into decent shape. I enlisted the help of my oldest son last night, and we dove in and started tearing it down!
Attached Images

Jaysonb is offline   Reply With Quote