The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-25-2018, 03:56 PM   #1
Nreeves

Newbie From Arizona

Hello all.

After searching this forum and getting alot of valuable questions answered, I finally became a member.

I have a 68 GMC that's kind of a mutt. Somewhere along the way it was converted to 4x4 with a sbc350. I am swapping out the 10 bolt axles for a 14 bolt rear with disk brakes and a dana 44 up front. It's also getting a 2001 5.3 vortec swap with the 4l60e and np208 transfer case. I am trying to keep the exterior/interior as original as possible with just updating all the running gear. I have most of my parts on hand now it's just a matter of getting it all finished up and drivable.

Thank you all.
Nreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:41 PM   #2
mikebte

Re: Newbie From Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nreeves View Post
Hello all.

After searching this forum and getting alot of valuable questions answered, I finally became a member.

I have a 68 GMC that's kind of a mutt. Somewhere along the way it was converted to 4x4 with a sbc350. I am swapping out the 10 bolt axles for a 14 bolt rear with disk brakes and a dana 44 up front. It's also getting a 2001 5.3 vortec swap with the 4l60e and np208 transfer case. I am trying to keep the exterior/interior as original as possible with just updating all the running gear. I have most of my parts on hand now it's just a matter of getting it all finished up and drivable.

Thank you all.
Congratulations on joining. Good to have you. Nothing wrong with mutt, that is what drives use to build our trucks.
We may need to talk on that 10 bolt. I have been keeping my eye out for a used 10 bolt 6 lug
mikebte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 09:55 AM   #3
Lokin4AReason

greeting(s) to the board ...
Old 09-27-2018, 11:27 AM   #4
Nreeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebte View Post
Congratulations on joining. Good to have you. Nothing wrong with mutt, that is what drives use to build our trucks.
We may need to talk on that 10 bolt. I have been keeping my eye out for a used 10 bolt 6 lug

If you are localism and can pick up the stock axles they are all yours. I have no use for them. The rear end is the orginal and the front is a 4x4 10bolt
Nreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 12:58 AM   #5
mikebte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nreeves View Post
If you are localism and can pick up the stock axles they are all yours. I have no use for them. The rear end is the orginal and the front is a 4x4 10bolt
Sounds like a date. I’ll hit you up in a PM
mikebte is offline   Reply With Quote