The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-24-2010, 09:42 AM   #1
sebas213

help with front upper shock mount c10

Hi buddies, I'm Seba from Argentina and I need you help. I need the front upper shock mount for my truck and and found the kit of cpp, the first pic, but it don't serves me, because in the driver place I have the clutch mount, so I need a kit to be installed on the side of the chassis, like the pic two, or may be the pic three but (in this case I shold reform the shock), do you know where can I buy that? I would be very grateful if you could help me, thanks.

Seba.-
Attached Images

sebas213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:23 AM   #2
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

Re: help with front upper shock mount c10

I need to ask Why you need to relocate your shock?? Unless you have ton of drop ?? you can always goto a shorter shock??

another Idea is to use the stock shock hole then you can add the front shock support if needed??

or email CPP and ask what they recomend I would think that they have come across this before nad probably have another shock kit that works with standard tranmission trucks

Mikes Sandwich Fair Run OCT 8th 2011
Hottrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:44 AM   #3
sebas213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottrucks View Post
I need to ask Why you need to relocate your shock?? Unless you have ton of drop ?? you can always goto a shorter shock??

another Idea is to use the stock shock hole then you can add the front shock support if needed??

or email CPP and ask what they recomend I would think that they have come across this before nad probably have another shock kit that works with standard tranmission trucks

Hello, a need relocate my shock because I lowered my truck, and there isn't any shock shorted than my, at least here, I ask for that. I email CPP and ask it, so I'm waiting for your answer to. If you know another place where I can buy this support please tell me, so I can write them to ask.

PD: Sorry about my english! I do the best I can

Last edited by sebas213; 08-24-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:14 PM   #4
AusMarty

Hi Sebas, I had the same problem here, so I made these mounts up, with these you can use standard length shocks, these ones are for another Aussie board member, we will be installing them on the weekend so I can do some install photos for you, I also have them on my truck, you only have to drill one hole as there is one on the frame that you can use
I can do a drawing with some measurements if you like and you can make them up
Attached Images

AusMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:24 PM   #5
sebas213

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusMarty View Post
Hi Sebas, I had the same problem here, so I made these mounts up, with these you can use standard length shocks, these ones are for another Aussie board member, we will be installing them on the weekend so I can do some install photos for you, I also have them on my truck, you only have to drill one hole as there is one on the frame that you can use
I can do a drawing with some measurements if you like and you can make them up
Yes! I'm looking for something like that, thank you, and yes if you can send me more pic when you install it I will be very gratefull.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:29 PM   #6
Andy4639
Old member

Lightbulb Re: help with front upper shock mount c10

I made these to use the stock shocks with the front lowered 3" with coil springs.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:17 PM   #7
sebas213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
I made these to use the stock shocks with the front lowered 3" with coil springs.

Yes I'm thinking about something like that, did you had any problem with that support? I thought that may be it could be broken.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:30 PM   #8
68 TT
Still plays with trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebas213 View Post
Hi buddies, I'm Seba from Argentina and I need you help. I need the front upper shock mount for my truck and and found the kit of cpp, the first pic, but it don't serves me, because in the driver place I have the clutch mount, so I need a kit to be installed on the side of the chassis, like the pic two, or may be the pic three but (in this case I shold reform the shock), do you know where can I buy that? I would be very grateful if you could help me, thanks.

Seba.-
The front shock mounts on my 84 K5 Blazer are placed above the frame rail in a similar height as the CPP mounts you have but they are riveted to the frame on the outside face so they wouldn't get in the way.

You could probably find a wrecked K5 and snag the parts off of it. They are riveted in place so it will take a bit of work to get them off.

The ones from a regular 4x4 truck are mounted a little lower and similar to what you have stock so they probably won't do.
68 Camaro SS / RS 500hp 439 inch roller cam big block 4L80E
79 Malibu TPI 350 4L60 w/ Z28 steering & sway bars
68 TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:05 PM   #9
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: help with front upper shock mount c10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebas213 View Post
Yes I'm thinking about something like that, did you had any problem with that support? I thought that may be it could be broken.

The passenger side broke about 3 years ago but it broke because I hit a bridge that was dipped out and I didn't know it at the time. It hit hard when it bottomed out. I haven't had one brake since. I slow down if going over a bridge I don't travel much. SC is terrible about the road and bridge being dipped out right as they meet.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:25 PM   #10
sebas213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
The passenger side broke about 3 years ago but it broke because I hit a bridge that was dipped out and I didn't know it at the time. It hit hard when it bottomed out. I haven't had one brake since. I slow down if going over a bridge I don't travel much. SC is terrible about the road and bridge being dipped out right as they meet.

Well, thank you really, I think that I'll make this support, I think it is the easiest to make and you said that it is strong so, I have no doubt, thank you again
Old 08-24-2010, 04:30 PM   #11
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

not sure what you have available in argintena but you can use a Monroe shock #5758 and use the stock mounts...my truck is bagged and very low and I have almost 10,000 miles of rough road driving on them and they work perfect

heres a post about other option with link to more info

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ghlight=monroe

and don't worry about your english have seen the way I type??

Mikes Sandwich Fair Run OCT 8th 2011
Hottrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:05 PM   #12
Cricket59

I know this is an old post and I'm sorry I wasn't here to help sebas213 but I'm sure plenty of people have had this same dilemma from the cpp kit because I had the same problem. I wish I had some pics to post but in short what I did was to use the brackets they supplied on the side of the frame rail instead of top of frame rail after I reinforced them with a few gussets. The fact is they don't even work with automatic transmission either because the shocks they give you to use are too short to reach a top mount bracket installed as intended. I did a 5" drop. 2" with spindles and 3" with drop Springs. The modification is really easy if you have a simple mig welder, a few pieces of scrap metal and a torch. I heated up the original top mounting hole and beat it flat with a ballpeen hammer before bolting brackets in place.
Cricket59 is offline   Reply With Quote