The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-02-2016, 11:30 PM   #1
66clow

Dave kindig Chevy blazer

Anyone catch Dave Kindig Chevy blazer episode? He sold it for 75k.

66clow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:45 PM   #2
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Re: Dave kindig Chevy blazer

Thumbs up to board member Wes Hepp for supplying parts for this build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=699078

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:11 AM   #3
my56chevytruck

it is one beautiful blazer for sure.
my56chevytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:27 AM   #4
SoCoC10

Not a fan of the color at all. Horrible location for the air intake tube. Underhood temps are going to cause way too hot AIT. For $75k you'd think they would close off that air intake and get some colder fresh air.

But besides that, nice Blazer.
SoCoC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:47 AM   #5
70shortfleet

I wonder if he knew the indicator housing on the tilt column is on backwards?
70shortfleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 01:17 AM   #6
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Well that didn't take too long
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 01:19 AM   #7
YBNORML

I like the colours, the green looks great with the white roof and interior. I like how they used the stock seats and just modified them. I'm not a fan of newer seats in these trucks.

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 08:27 AM   #8
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Well that didn't take too long
Yeah, it bugs me to see people knocking a truck as well. But when you get into the $75k category details certainly become critical and so do those who observe. I'm wondering what is going on with the left rear tail light and trim. Is it just the picture creating an illusion or is the lens punched back in and the trim bent outward at the top? It's nice and shiny but sure looks wanky as what's on my work truck.

It's very nice through and through, whether it's something I would ever want or not. I don't know who Dave Kindig is

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 08:52 AM   #9
70short

I seen the show and I think it looks awesome!!! I love watching the show he builds some awesome vehicles! We took our grandkids to Lagoon last year and made it a point to stop by there shop of course they were filming or something so we didn't get to see much. But the interior guy Justin on the show made a point to come over and talk to us, he seemed like a very nice guy.
Weiand Stealth Intake
HEI
shorty Headers
4/2 Drop
295 50R 15 TOYO on 10 inch wide corvette rally rims at all 4 corners.
"CHEVY RULES"
70short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 09:44 AM   #10
Tom Vogel
2WD Jimmy

[QUOTE= But the interior guy Justin on the show made a point to come over and talk to us, he seemed like a very nice guy.[/QUOTE]

That guy is one of the best upholstery guys Ive seen.
Tom Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 09:50 AM   #11
70short

He's done some unique interior jobs on the show. He's done things I wouldn't have thought of. But they seem to be Dave's ideas.
Weiand Stealth Intake
HEI
shorty Headers
4/2 Drop
295 50R 15 TOYO on 10 inch wide corvette rally rims at all 4 corners.
"CHEVY RULES"
70short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 10:14 AM   #12
WarMonger

That Blazer is bad a$$. Great looking build.
1970 C20
-_--_--_- ______
_--_--_- /___|__\____
-_--_-_ |_(0)|__|_(0)]
1972 K5
WarMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 10:20 AM   #13
66clow

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Yeah, it bugs me to see people knocking a truck as well. But when you get into the $75k category details certainly become critical and so do those who observe. I'm wondering what is going on with the left rear tail light and trim. Is it just the picture creating an illusion or is the lens punched back in and the trim bent outward at the top? It's nice and shiny but sure looks wanky as what's on my work truck.

It's very nice through and through, whether it's something I would ever want or not. I don't know who Dave Kindig is
Photos could look funny since I took a picture of my TV. Yes I don't like the negativity either. I'd like to see their builds and TV show.
Old 11-03-2016, 11:01 AM   #14
B. W.

I saw the tail light too Special-K, maybe it's just the lighting? When you start getting into "mid-range" builds we all start looking with a magnifying glass! But if you think about it, turning it for $75,000 they either made very little or lost money. The show is what's really making them coin today!
I like the show they do some neat builds & they get along with one another. There is no yelling, screaming, cussing or throwing things! In the real work world a shop that full of bad attitudes will not last. Heck, I know it's not the real world but if their shop is anything like the show I'd work for 'em.
B. W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 05:08 PM   #15
iGreek

Got some higher quality screenshots off my phone of it

Old 11-03-2016, 05:47 PM   #16
my56chevytruck

I've read all the posts concerning this blazer and it amazes me what some people are saying. Unlike some shows that argue with each other and all employees are degrading the all knowing boss. Dave Kindig is a genuine person, does get along with all his employees and employs some of the best and creative people in this hobby. This is a very good looking vehicle, has some of the best looking interior ever and the engine is one hell of a good looking beast. I give him a big up!!
my56chevytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 06:29 PM   #17
SoCoC10

Id take this one and keep the $60-65k in the bank.
Attached Images

Old 11-03-2016, 07:29 PM   #18
66clow

I got to meet Dave, great guy. How can you be mad at him for selling his truck for 75k. Anyone of us selling a truck will take what we can get for it. I'm sure he has worked his butt off to get to where he is today. Building a truck with your hands it is impossible to make it perfect. There will be a flaw somewhere even if your the only one that knows it is there.

Old 11-03-2016, 08:05 PM   #19
Overdriven

It's the internet folks. The place where your opinion can be heard by all and where people will take advantage of that. Honestly, I watch these shows with my father sometimes and we do the same thing some are doing in this thread. "I like what they did here" "I don't know if I like that there" "ugh what were they thinking doing that to that poor..."

This is one of the better car shows on tv and I like the cast. I commend all those involved in the show for ditching most of the fabricated reality car show bull excriment as well. They still do it now and then but it's more tolerable than most of the others. I also like the truck a lot. If I had to nit pick I hate how many leave the air filter out in the open on these engines. It looks unfinished, like they ran out of time, couldn't come up with a good idea for an airbox or just said "eh that's good enough". When I'm in that position with my own shop I'll allocate a couple hours to a guy to build an airbox. Now how do I get in that position with my own shop?

If you want to see an example of a truck that should be torn apart, check out some coverage of SEMA 2016.

Edit: I deleted the rest of the last paragraph where I detailed a "what did they do to that poor truck" moment. Decided better of singling out the truck.

Last edited by Overdriven; 11-03-2016 at 08:32 PM.
Overdriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 08:26 PM   #20
HeloCrewChief

I actually love that shade of green. I think a classy touch was making the inner fenders satin in the engine compartment. Might have to steal that idea for a future build.
1968 Chevelle
1964 Comet Caliente
1990 W250 Cummins
HeloCrewChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 10:07 PM   #21
Highlander72

I liked that show (when I still had pay TV). Dave seems like he actually has talent AND some humility, a combination sadly lacking in most TV car-build-flip-type shows.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:41 PM   #22
Mollzyie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeloCrewChief View Post
I actually love that shade of green. I think a classy touch was making the inner fenders satin in the engine compartment. Might have to steal that idea for a future build.
Same here man . Very 70s green . Perfect color . Would look great on my 72 .
Mollzyie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 07:49 AM   #23
special-K
Special Order

For a full custom they went with a great color choice that looks "as if" it's factory, which is the only way I do color changes in non-original colors. It's very close to Dark Olive Poly. It's very tasteful to choose a color that doesn't scream "CUSTOM!" from across the parking lot and lets the vehicle whisper volumes of custom touches once up close.

To each their own. Personally, I don't buy other peoples work, like to build my own. I'm into way more on these trucks than just "owning" or "buying". If I spent that kind of money on a truck I'd buy something super rare like a mint '37 Reo Speedwagon or other rare classic. None of this has anything to do with what someone else wants or does, just added for better perspective for those lacking.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 11:37 PM   #24
SoCoC10

Just watched the show, it was good episode. The part of the show that covered trip to the Salts Flats races was great.

After seeing the show and the build I question lots of decisions on the Blazer.

Why paint the engine and transmission? I would have left it as it came from GM and do a more factory appearing install. The billet rims look like they are straight out of the 90's. Most of all, the interior is so light in color it is almost unusable. Why not go with a brown or saddle interior? Glad I don't have to maintain the shiny paint or clean the upholstery and carpet.
Old 11-05-2016, 12:21 AM   #25
jocko

Missed the show - did they say what the color actually "is"? It doesn't look a lot like dark olive poly to me - it looks exactly like dark olive poly to me. The bright lights do a number on it, make it look a little brighter, but in the interior shots it looks just a like a well done factory paint color. Anyway - even if it's not, agree with Tim, it's nice that they gave a nod to a factory color by making it close. A lowered 2wd blazer isn't my cup of tea, but that's my problem, not his! They did a beautiful job on it, and I love the color personally. Also like the show. I'm holding my breath that a show about chev truck restos will eventually makes it onto the screen - something the level of quality resto that you see on graveyard car mopars - minus all the weird antics on there... But, until then, will take what I can get, and thank the Lord for the DVR fast fwd button in the meantime. Without it, I'd have to spend a full 30 minutes to watch the 9 minutes of actual interesting stuff
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote