The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2012, 12:39 AM   #1
fredscarryall

project food stamp

im helping a friend of mine build a 1950 chevy truck with a very limited buget. basicilly he doesnt have any money to build the truck.we descided to name the truck project food stamp.i remember one of the toughest time i had growing up was when my family had to live on food stamps.for a few years we had hardly any money. He wants to see if he can still hotrod with no money. by no means is it to make fun of anyone getting state assistance.in this ecomony alot of people have it real tough. He wants to see if he can actually build a truck with a very tight buget mostly by borrowing,trading and shelling out little or no cash.He started out with $500 and borrowed a trailer.he got a cab, a tilt column, power booster, gauges hooked up, wired up for 12 volt with a modern wire harness,2 ton fenders,2 ton hood, grill,a 10x20 storage tent with doors and sides,4 wide white coker tires.he then sold the 2 ton fenders and hood for $150. then he traded a gun for 1/2 ton fenders,1/2 ton hood,a stock rolling chassis with a camaro sub frame welded in with power steering, a bed,and running boards. the only thing he is missing is a 350 engine, transmission and tailgate. so far by selling the 2 ton fenders and hood its cost him $350 and a old rifle.

Last edited by fredscarryall; 08-14-2012 at 12:52 AM.
fredscarryall is offline   Reply With Quote