The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-27-2011, 12:41 AM   #1
DjRobs1966

Angry LMC...God-Send...Or Book of Expensive Crap?

I have a 1966 C-10 I bought in 1989, it took me 20+ years to get to the point to have some extra cash to buy alot of parts to restore it. Finally after all that time, I was able to spend a couple thousand of dollars to buy new items from LMC Truck. I found that yes they were replacement parts, but most of them were of poor quality and gave horrible to no instructions on installing the after-market items that I bought specifically for my truck...and some don't even fit. And heres the good news...they take back no returns. I spend more time trying to figure out how to install the items I bought, than it takes to actually install them. I bought the remote door lock kit....and have NO idea how or where to install them. Anyone found the same...can offer pics or ideas of how to do it right?

Last edited by DjRobs1966; 01-27-2011 at 12:43 AM.
DjRobs1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:17 AM   #2
lakeroadster
Account Suspended

Re: LMC...God-Send...Or Book of Expensive Crap?

Check out this link in regards to power door locks: http://www.64moneypit.pages.qpg.com/id11.html

In regards to LMC, you are not alone, I stopped buying from them. LMC consistently provides parts of questionable quality.

They also mark up items some items 70%, see below.

Always better to go with Reconditional Original Parts or NOS.

Here is post I made on The Stovebolt site entitled "Caveat Emptor: Buyer Beware" way back in January of 2007:
Hope you guys learn from my oversights........

I bought a bunch of parts for my '65 Chevy from LMC before Christmas. I competitively checked prices on all of the items before placing the order except for the rear coil springs. The springs were $170.

The springs had a "CPP" Classic Performance Products sticker on them. I looked them up on the internet, the springs were $100.00

A $70 mark-up by LMC? What the ?@#!!

I called them, informed them of the 70% mark-up and asked them what they could do to make it right? The gal snapped back "we don't do price matching!".

I sent the coil springs back to LMC and bought them from CPP.

Even though I had to eat the shipping charges I still recouped some of my losses.

Now I fully understand that this is my bad, I should have checked around. But I still feel that LMC is price gouging on this item. There are a lot of other options for pieces parts; you can bet I won't pick LMC as my first choice in the future.

Last edited by lakeroadster; 01-27-2011 at 09:23 AM.
lakeroadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:25 AM   #3
jbgroby

If you're looking to save money on buying parts contact

http://truckandcarshop.com/

Parts are the same but the prices are lower than anyone else. When you need a special parts contact 4-5-6 chevy guy, he's got everything, or at least whenever I needed at the time.
jbgroby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:03 AM   #4
gostranger
65 suburban vortec 5.3 bagged

that is where i buy all my stuff and the pricing is great!
gostranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:07 AM   #5
stealth_weapons

i actually live about 65 miles from LMC so i have the ability to put hands on before i buy. the only thing i have purchased from them so far has been the replacement euro headlights. i absolutely love the lights. well worth the money and i didnt have any shipping costs. i do plan on buying form them again mainly because i live so close and dont have the added shipping charges.
stealth_weapons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:41 PM   #6
k1rodeoboater

I plan on ordering some stuff from them, but I've heard of the horror stories in regards to some of their parts. The way I look at it though, they turn out to be cheaper for me when I order $1000 or more of stuff so I get free freight (especially on the oversize freight items).

That said I've found stuff in their catalog locally at your big box part stores cheaper.
k1rodeoboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:24 PM   #7
DjRobs1966

I bought nearly 3 thousand dollars worth of parts from them...and at the time I made the purchase...it seemed to be the best prices...(noteably I only knew of Brothers and one other part supplier I currently cannot recall the name of) and yes the shipping was free...which was a considerable difference...but I asked them...since I am buying nearly 3 thousand...and would there be any additional insentives for making such a large purchase...to which they said 'nope'. And I said..well it is a break for them to get to send it all at once on one order...rather than multiple shipments at 1k a piece. But nope...oh well...but honestly I was so overwhelmed to GET the parts and start really improving on a project 20 years in the making... I went with it...wish I would of found this site back then and found the resource of all of you like-minded people who have a dedication to restoring these true pieces of American Power and Art. Can't wait to learn more helpful ways to improve on my Classic! Thanks to you all for this 1st help and for the many future ones!!
Old 01-27-2011, 11:39 PM   #8
lilpoindexter

LMC SUCKS...i bought hard brake lines from them, and some jack ass bent them to get them in a box, they were back ordered, and the other hard brake lines I bought were bent wrong. I'm glad I found out about them early into my ownership of my truck, so I won't waste my money again with those clowns.

Last edited by lilpoindexter; 01-27-2011 at 11:39 PM.
lilpoindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:12 AM   #9
71gmcburb

i ordered a catolog for my 71 gmc burb about 4 mths ago still waiting for it.

my friend ordered one for his 80 chevy truck about 3 yrs ago and it never came!

so i now get my parts from brothers or classic industries

1 - Don't sweat the small stuff

2 - Everything is small stuff
71gmcburb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:42 AM   #10
GmtGmt
Conversion Truck Addicted

never had a problem i order international i love LMC only real item i have been unhappy with was the 4 point towing mirriors

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
GmtGmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:09 PM   #11
Benelli
Watchin the rust grow

Ordered a battery box from that that was flimsy and more or less junk - but it was better than the 2x4 I was using.
1979 Chevy K10 (H/D Front end) - 350 w/ Holley Truck Avenger, Weinald Intake manifold, headers, bored .060 over, mild cam, Built up TH350 (TranStar Shift kit) with a part-timed NP203 t-case SOLD ($3,000)
1997 Chevy Silverado 1500 - 4.3 vortec, extended cab, 21 highway MPG, stock. "Red" SOLD ($3,000)
1987 Toyota 4wd Pick-up - work in progress, future DD SOLD ($1,850)
1998 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 5spd Quad cab - old 12 valve with some work done
2004 Chevy Silverado - Black, 4x4, 5.3L, stock for now

Underneath that rust is a heart of gold
Benelli is offline   Reply With Quote