The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-26-2019, 12:07 AM   #1
Zach119

Repop Blazer Doors

I’m getting ready to order some new doors for my blazer project. Went with bedsides from gmc Paul’s and was happy with how they turned out so I’ll orobably get the doors from there also. Has anyone recently gotten any repop doors they would reccomend before I go ahead and place my order? Thanks
Attached Images

Zach119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:33 AM   #2
lks dcvn

Re: Repop Blazer Doors

I would order your doors from GMC Pauls as well. The aftermarket door space for these rigs is all over the map with regard to fit.

They did update the tooling for the 67-72 doors in the past few doors to fit better so it may be worth confirming the fit/vendor from them prior to ordering.
lks dcvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 10:33 PM   #3
4x41971SWB

What brand are the besides you purchased?
Thanks
4x41971SWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:05 PM   #4
Zach119

Quote:
Originally Posted by lks dcvn View Post
I would order your doors from GMC Pauls as well. The aftermarket door space for these rigs is all over the map with regard to fit.

They did update the tooling for the 67-72 doors in the past few doors to fit better so it may be worth confirming the fit/vendor from them prior to ordering.
Thanks that’s what I was thinking.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:06 PM   #5
Zach119

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x41971SWB View Post
What brand are the besides you purchased?
Thanks
I’m not sure, they came from gmc Paul’s
Old 06-28-2019, 02:15 AM   #6
Blazerowner

Most people in the know seem to say these doors are all from the same maker and just re-boxed by different brands. I believe Dynacorn is the maker and even GM approved parts are still Dunacorn. I personally bought doors about 13 years ago and they were horrible. It was a lot of work to get them to fit. That said, things may have changed. If I had to do it again I would get original or cut down some original truck doors. One of the areas I had the biggest issues was where the door met the rocker. Had to cut 1/4” of the bottom of the door to get them to fit. They never looked right where they met the windshield support either. I would make sure you are ready to fit them with the rocker on so you can return them if needed.
Blazerowner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 07:02 AM   #7
twp1

I just got some from SKC and so far they fit pretty good. The only concern I have with the fit is adjusting the top part of the door out from the windshield post( but I think I can make it work). But if I could find some good factory doors I would cut them down.
twp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 07:57 AM   #8
rsavage

I used Goodmark truck doors and my body/paint guy cut the window frames just as the factory did. The doors actually fit pretty well out of the box. He massaged them some because he is a perfectionist, but a lot less work than fixing the bottoms of the doors that were on it. Some things to remember - door reinforcement plates need to be removed and installed on new doors. My doors did not have the weldnuts on them for installing the door panel upper trim and the bottom of the panels. I used nutserts as I didn't notice until final assembly. Perhaps some come with them already welded on the inner shell? Also my doors came with the screw hole near the vent window which came about in '72 I believe. Some questions you might ask no matter where you source them.
2021 Durango RT 5.7
rsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 10:28 AM   #9
litebulblsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsavage View Post
I used Goodmark truck doors and my body/paint guy cut the window frames just as the factory did. The doors actually fit pretty well out of the box. He massaged them some because he is a perfectionist, but a lot less work than fixing the bottoms of the doors that were on it. Some things to remember - door reinforcement plates need to be removed and installed on new doors. My doors did not have the weldnuts on them for installing the door panel upper trim and the bottom of the panels. I used nutserts as I didn't notice until final assembly. Perhaps some come with them already welded on the inner shell? Also my doors came with the screw hole near the vent window which came about in '72 I believe. Some questions you might ask no matter where you source them.
You received 72 doors. 72 door panels use push pins/ christmas trees, so the holes are not threaded.
litebulblsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 07:21 PM   #10
rsavage

Quote:
Originally Posted by litebulblsc View Post
You received 72 doors. 72 door panels use push pins/ christmas trees, so the holes are not threaded.
Undoubtedly. I bought them from a guy who had just bought them and who needed the money. They were new, unblemished, and hefty. I got them at a savings and no shipping. I didn't mind the vent screw as it helps holds the inner and outer panels together. However, I never even thought about the weld nuts until assembly. Can't find a photo of the 69-71 Blazer door on their site to see if the weld nuts are there. I imagine they are as there is a different part number.
2021 Durango RT 5.7
rsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 07:24 PM   #11
Blazerowner

Blazers had the support screw in earlier years they just look different than 72 trucks. I believe the support for the wing window has some extra steel as well but I’m not sure on that. It would be nice if the doors are much better now days. The area where the wing window bolts and touches the windshield really cant be messaged because it messes with the angle on the wing window and also the side window. I remember this being an issue with mine. Be sure the top is on and the truck is on its body mounts. Line the fenders up as well. You want to see all the body lines so you know if it’s a crap shoot to use them.
Old 06-28-2019, 07:42 PM   #12
litebulblsc

It would be nice to try a set on a cab to see if it is the door that is off or the windshield frame.

Granted my Blazer is crap, but when I installed an oem uncut truck door on it, I got it lined up good with the bedside, and fender, but had an awful gap at the bottom of the windsheild with little gap at the top. If the body mounts were good, it would probably be tome to try shimming them to correct that.
litebulblsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 06:51 PM   #13
69-72

I bought a set for mine, when I tried to close them they overlapped the bedside 3/8" Turns out the set I got, from two different suppliers at different times, the doors were formed incorrectly where the hinges mount. Found a set of nice truck doors, cut the frames and they fit perfect. It would have taken a ridiculous amount of work for the repros to fit even if possible.

1972 Chevy Blazer CST 4x4 Almost Rust free survivor

1972 GMC Jimmy 2wd Undergoing surgery
69-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 02:56 AM   #14
Blazerowner

See that’s the experience I had with mine. They just never fit right and I have a buddy who has been doing body work for a lot of years. He told me it’s not uncommon for parts not to fit out of the box but these were ridiculous. Again this was a number of years ago but it soured me on ever buying aftermarket doors. I see originals on Craigslist pretty often. I may even just get a set for spares Incase something happens. I also had bought a fender at the time and my hood would not line up with it. The other fender fit fine but the top angle was not the same. There’s a reason when these come up nos they bring big money.