The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-04-2019, 07:40 PM   #1
Johnnycab13

¿Where do I start.? Help

I’m ready to start my 1972 k5 project . Where do I start . Have new 383 stroker with less than 20 miles. I just want it to run been sitting for 2 years. And the driver door is stuck won’t open, it’s all there just frozen or something , I have new tires and softopper ready for it , just want it to b chevy ready for the road. , I paid 7 g for it , good deal of not ? , looking for advice about this truck I’m in love with. Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Last edited by Johnnycab13; 07-04-2019 at 07:55 PM.
Johnnycab13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 07:51 PM   #2
Johnnycab13

Re: Where do I start.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-04-2019, 10:46 PM   #3
litebulblsc

Re: ¿Where do I start.? Help

With a good washing?

Followed up by a good inspection to see what it needs to get it to where you want it to be.
Make a list of what it needs and just work on the list till the last thing it needs is to be driven
litebulblsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 11:52 PM   #4
truckster

Re: ¿Where do I start.? Help

If the door won't open, I'd hold off on the soft top until you make sure your problem isn't a sprung tub.

Whenever I start with a new project, my priorities are: 1st - safety; 2nd - reliability; 3rd - comfort and convenience; and 4th - appearance. So once you get that door open, and before you drop in that 383, check suspension, brakes, steering, lights, etc. and make sure it's safe. Then go for the engine, trans, gears, and anything else you want to do with it. Too many guys get ahead of themselves and want to make it go before they make sure it can stop and turn.

Oh, and post some more pics. Congratulations on owning a beautiful piece of American automotive history.
Old 07-05-2019, 05:44 AM   #5
Johnnycab13

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-05-2019, 05:50 AM   #6
Johnnycab13

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckster View Post
If the door won't open, I'd hold off on the soft top until you make sure your problem isn't a sprung tub.

Whenever I start with a new project, my priorities are: 1st - safety; 2nd - reliability; 3rd - comfort and convenience; and 4th - appearance. So once you get that door open, and before you drop in that 383, check suspension, brakes, steering, lights, etc. and make sure it's safe. Then go for the engine, trans, gears, and anything else you want to do with it. Too many guys get ahead of themselves and want to make it go before they make sure it can stop and turn.

Oh, and post some more pics. Congratulations on owning a beautiful piece of American automotive history.
Posted via Mobile Device