The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-21-2011, 02:12 PM   #1
rdlackey

64 C10 interior

Were there any WHITE painted interior cabs in 1964 from the factory? Mine is light blue/white top exterior with white interior.

Refreshing the interior throughout and want to put it back as original as possible. Should the interior be FAWN?
rdlackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
jocko

Re: 64 C10 interior

I'd bet you a $3 bill that there were no white interiors. I believe fawn was pretty much it for your truck. (I think silver was an option also?? but with blue/white, fawn was the norm I believe) Lakeroadster posted a good color match from Krylon in this thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=433262

What condition is the white interior paint in? Does it "look" original? Has the truck been repainted before? Just curious. Since you're gonna paint it anyway, might sand down a bit and look for evidence of the original color.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
rdlackey

BINGO!

Yes, the truck has been repainted before by the previous owner. The white interior just did not feel right.

I opened the task box door and found an area of white paint in a seam beginning to chip a little. Took a cloth with some lacquer thinner and began rubbing gently.

Amazing...Fawn metallic paint appeared from under the white chipped area. The fawn color looked almost like new.

Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!
rdlackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:39 PM   #4
kieth

Here is a link to finding the original Dietzler Medium Fawn Poly paint the original color code in PPG was Laquer paint code 22150. I went to the local PPG store (FinishMaster) they custom mixed some Enamel in the same color, I also had them mix the Ivory (color for the bumpers, and grille for my GMC.......it only cost $26.00 per quart plus activator and thinner, they told me to mix it in a ratio of 16/1/1 because the medium fawn poly already has a lot of solvent in it so it comes out a flat finish

16--paint
1---activator
1---solvent (thinner) we are getting ready to shoot this week, wish me luck...

here is the link to AutocolorLibrary where I found the original paint codes.

http://www.tcpglobal.com/autocolorli...truck-pg01.jpg

Normally it would be mixed 8/1/1 (this is the ratio for the ivory for the bumpers and grille.)

another thing to check is what was originally painted fawn and what had color, my truck has been repainted light blue, the firewall had been painter black.........one can still see where the fawn had been and it is really quite extensive..........upper half of firewall, down in the air intake area fawn, door jambs fawn floor fawn, top, dash, backwall all fawn.........good luck .....Kieth

Last edited by kieth; 02-21-2011 at 05:43 PM.
kieth is offline   Reply With Quote