The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-24-2020, 09:43 PM   #76
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Re: Part time job ideas

I tried to buy property in Canada to find out that they consider me a felon. Yeah, I had a DUI in the nineties but sheetz. We let that Bieber guy stay here and has he has never been perfect.....What the HECK!!!!

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 09:58 PM   #77
dajn
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
I tried to buy property in Canada to find out that they consider me a felon. Yeah, I had a DUI in the nineties but sheetz. We let that Bieber guy stay here and has he has never been perfect.....What the HECK!!!!
Haha. Government is never really good at anything.
dajn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:04 PM   #78
dajn
Account Suspended

Ok. You got me for 2 seconds. Clearly a troll...
Old 01-24-2020, 10:05 PM   #79
dajn
Account Suspended

Do I need to teach you how to be a proper troll?
Old 01-25-2020, 07:41 AM   #80
Ol Blue K20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajn View Post
Ok. You got me for 2 seconds. Clearly a troll...
Quote:
Do I need to teach you how to be a proper troll?
Who's a troll?!

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 01-25-2020, 08:07 AM   #81
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Who's a troll?!

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 11:37 AM   #82
Ol Blue K20

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 01-25-2020, 11:45 AM   #83
davischevy

Dale the felon troll. Wow, and I have you in all my contacts. The Feds are probably looking at me now. I'll be right back, I have to close the blinds.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 12:27 PM   #84
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
Dale the felon troll. Wow, and I have you in all my contacts. The Feds are probably looking at me now. I'll be right back, I have to close the blinds.
Too late. They already have equipment that can see through your walls. :foil hat emoji:

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 02:03 PM   #85
'63GENIII

Uh, that happened fast .

Anyway, since last weekend, I've been helping a friend / neighbor rearrange his home theater.

He is pretty much a fanatic about the quality of the picture, sound, ability to stream and just well, having a high quality entertainment system that can rival a real movie theater. Personally I think his home system is better than most real theaters.

He has some sort of office manager job so his skill at designing the systems had isn't job related. Its kind of funny though, the place that he has been buying all of his stuff has offered him a job on several occasions before. He has repeatedly told them that he couldn't wire a bag for a loaf of bread closed .

This last go round of AV enhancements, (I did his original install 7-8 years ago), the place offered him a job again. This time it was as a designer. He declined it but we did discuss how it would be a cool side hustle or part time job.

Think about it, you could implement all of the cool ideas that come to mind, use some pretty high end components, do not have to do any installations (easy on the body) and spend someone else's money while doing it!

Apparently people will spend some significant scratch to watch tv but do not want anything to do with the selection or install of the system.

'63 k15 long step
Vortec 7.4 - L29 Blackbear tune, Five 0 Motorsports injectors, Chris Straub Cam, NV4500, divorced 205
52" front and 63" rear spring swap
D44 / 14bff - disc axles
Milemarker 9K and 10.5K hydraulic winches

63" & B52 Spring Install http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ng+swap+thread

NV4500 Reverse Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=reverse+build

L29 - 7.4 Vortec Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...&highlight=L29
'63GENIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 02:54 PM   #86
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by '63GENIII View Post
Uh, that happened fast .

Anyway, since last weekend, I've been helping a friend / neighbor rearrange his home theater.

He is pretty much a fanatic about the quality of the picture, sound, ability to stream and just well, having a high quality entertainment system that can rival a real movie theater. Personally I think his home system is better than most real theaters.

He has some sort of office manager job so his skill at designing the systems had isn't job related. Its kind of funny though, the place that he has been buying all of his stuff has offered him a job on several occasions before. He has repeatedly told them that he couldn't wire a bag for a loaf of bread closed .

This last go round of AV enhancements, (I did his original install 7-8 years ago), the place offered him a job again. This time it was as a designer. He declined it but we did discuss how it would be a cool side hustle or part time job.

Think about it, you could implement all of the cool ideas that come to mind, use some pretty high end components, do not have to do any installations (easy on the body) and spend someone else's money while doing it!

Apparently people will spend some significant scratch to watch tv but do not want anything to do with the selection or install of the system.
I'm glad someone understands that stuff. I haven't had my TV hooked to my receiver since they quit using RCA cables.

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 03:34 PM   #87
weq92f

Quote:
Uh, that happened fast .

Sounds like it's you that should be getting those job offers!

Maybe I could consider this as a future for myself as I have built two HTs ( my last house and my current house ). Sadly the current one will be sold with the house when it goes on the market in a couple months. Maybe I'll keep the speakers and the sound panels but the rest of the equipment will stay ( power distribution unit, receiver, switches, in wall rack, ceiling mounted projector and wall mounted/framed 110" screen ). The thing will help sell the house!

Cool beans.

-klb
99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold
weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 04:56 PM   #88
'63GENIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Timber View Post
I'm glad someone understands that stuff. I haven't had my TV hooked to my receiver since they quit using RCA cables.
Same here in my own house. You know, the cobbler's kids have holes in their shoes thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by weq92f View Post
Sounds like it's you that should be getting those job offers!

Maybe I could consider this as a future for myself as I have built two HTs ( my last house and my current house ). Sadly the current one will be sold with the house when it goes on the market in a couple months. Maybe I'll keep the speakers and the sound panels but the rest of the equipment will stay ( power distribution unit, receiver, switches, in wall rack, ceiling mounted projector and wall mounted/framed 110" screen ). The thing will help sell the house!

Cool beans.

-klb
That sounds like its a gonna be a big selling point. Turn key. Buyers like that!

As far as a part time thing, Im more of an iPod classic and a Beats Pill kind of operation. Id have a pretty disappointing showroom . Even at that, my kids have to download music onto it for me. Heck, just this last summer I got a newer iPod and wanted to transfer the music and pictures I had on the old one onto the new one. Nope. I ended up somehow losing 15 years of music and got myself locked out of ITunes I think for good. Didn't want to risk the pics so I just stepped away from the device slowly and haven't touched it since .

Im a better installer than designer. I can get wired it so it doesn't burn the house down, is near invisible but will still blow the toupe' off your head. Placement and equipment / component picks - not so much.

The guy that I was helping is kind of a fanatic about the AV stuff. Always reading reviews, going to the AV store and talking to the people working there.

I learned quite a few things on this upgrade though. For instance, using RG6 coax in place of RCA cables was a new one on me. Another thing I learned was that these high dollar AV systems DO NOT like the fancy dimmer switches that he had me install in his house last year. Still trying to figure that one out. He has an annoying buzz in one rear wall speaker. Just one . Doesn't change volume but always there. I know its driving him crazy and that bothers me since I did the install. May have to crawl back up in the attic and pull some shielded cable. Not looking forward to that outing again. My knees are still killing me from this last Wednesday .

Now where'd my AM radio go?....

'63 k15 long step
Vortec 7.4 - L29 Blackbear tune, Five 0 Motorsports injectors, Chris Straub Cam, NV4500, divorced 205
D44 / 14bff - disc axles

NV4500 Reverse Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=reverse+build

Old 01-25-2020, 05:50 PM   #89
powerdriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post

Im kind of jazzed to find some sort of part time employment. My niece drives a school bus and loves it. She feels I would love it too. They are always looking for bus drivers. Even some of the city systems are looking for drivers. My BIL is a Seattle bus driver and loves it, he doesn't even have to work and never plans on quitting until he gets too old.
I can speak to the school bus gig . Early retired in 2013 . My Overhead soon Told me I need some extra cash . I drove big truck and 80 miles a day to get to the big truck . I didn't want to drive to the city everyday . Saw an add for the local bus company . 5 miles from the house , applied and they trained me for the school bus endorsement . I was a sub for 30 days then a route opened up .

I won't sugar coat it , the kids will test you but if you get them under control early its not bad .

I did that for a couple of years then the mechanic lead got wind of my past and asked if I could help him in the shop for a few days a week . That in turn went full time and now I run the shop .

The best drivers we have are retirees , Show up everyday and just do their thing .. The newer C2s we have drive like oversized pickups . their is a lot of info to consume for the tests but I'm Sure that won't be to tough .
Old 01-25-2020, 08:36 PM   #90
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Job/work? I thought that cussing wasn't allowed.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 01-25-2020, 09:17 PM   #91
davischevy

Quote:
Job/work? I thought that cussing wasn't allowed.
They ain't cussin', but they sure are using dirty words.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 01-25-2020, 10:19 PM   #92
dajn
Account Suspended

Have you considered Walmart greeter? I hear the pay is pretty damn good.
Old 01-25-2020, 10:55 PM   #93
davischevy

Quote:
Have you considered Walmart greeter? I hear the pay is pretty damn good.
Working plain clothes, undercover, catching shop lifters, is probably in more demand.

Old 01-26-2020, 12:41 AM   #94
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
They ain't cussin', but they sure are using dirty words.
I'm with you Larry. Since I retired my wife leaves me a list of things that I need to do today. I crumble it up and throw it away.

Then she asks me if I got the things on the list done.

What list?

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 01-26-2020, 01:29 AM   #95
Ol Blue K20

Quote:
I'm with you Larry. Since I retired my wife leaves me a list of things that I need to do today. I crumble it up and throw it away.

Then she asks me if I got the things on the list done.

What list?
Sorry, I said I would sit in my corner.....but....she works...this I have health insurance. So I work through her list the best I can. ...back to my corner

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 01-26-2020, 02:04 AM   #96
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

It's OK to sit in your corner and keep your ears open, and sometimes pipe up with your 2 cents.
Heck, my kids used to do that when they had to sit in the corner.... a loooong ago when they were kids.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 08:30 AM   #97
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Sorry, I said I would sit in my corner.....but....she works...this I have health insurance. So I work through her list the best I can. ...back to my corner

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 01-26-2020, 12:40 PM   #98
weq92f

Quote:
...<snip>
He has an annoying buzz in one rear wall speaker. Just one . Doesn't change volume but always there. I know its driving him crazy and that bothers me since I did the install. May have to crawl back up in the attic and pull some shielded cable. Not looking forward to that outing again. My knees are still killing me from this last Wednesday .

Now where'd my AM radio go?....
My first HT had something strange happening to the projector: it would **sometimes** have strange waves in the video display that were barely there and only in certain scenes. Very annoying. I tracked it down to the electrical circuit it shared with the ceiling fan in the adjacent room. When that ceiling fan was running, the projector had the 'waves' in the video.

So when we built this house, I made sure every circuit for the HT was completely dedicated.

My guess is your buzz is something similar. Run a clean circuit to the device that feeds those speakers ( the receiver or amp ) as a test to see if that takes care of it ( like an extension cord from some other place in the house ). It's also possible the receiver or amp has a flaw in it. Switch the buzzy speaker lead on the back of the receiver/amp with it's opposite L or R and see if the Buzz stays or moves to the other side of the room.

I'm a troubleshooter by nature and love solving problems. Sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree here.

HTh,

-klb
99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold
weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 01:48 PM   #99
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by weq92f View Post
I'm a troubleshooter by nature and love solving problems. Sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree here.

HTh,

-klb
You should start a YT channel, troubleshooting HT problems.

Old 01-26-2020, 11:26 PM   #100
'63GENIII

Ive often wished that I had the time to be a park ranger, F&G officer or something along those lines. One of the first times that the boy and I went to Hollister Hills SRVA, he says to me "Dad, I think when I grow up I want to be one of those guys. Riding my motorcycle around, helping people and making some money." I thought about it for a minute and it sounded like a pretty cool job.

Search and rescue has always gotten my interest but I think that its mostly volunteer.

Undercover security or theft deterrent would be interesting as well until the first time I had to actually chase someone. Id be classified as undercover insecurity .

'63 k15 long step
D44 / 14bff - disc axles