The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-04-2023, 12:33 PM   #1
68isgreat

Mark's 68 stepside Pacific Art dream

Hello all, I've been dreaming about getting a short narrow stepside for many years, and pulled the trigger on this crusty 68. Was going to save $ and get something more complete, but I just couldn't wait any longer. This old farm truck has factory posi, 4:11's and factory 4 speed with the original six. I'm working on getting it running. I'm just going to drive it around town mostly and occasional trips, so the six is fine for now at least. I'm an oil painter (you can see my paintings at www.marklarsonart.com ), and I restore and upgrade classic old shotguns from the late 1800's onward (see http://marklarsongunart.com), so fixing up this newfangled modern truck is right up my alley. It's going to be my art truck, with my painting on the tailgate, with some advertising. Warm gold/green with cream top, possibly hood, and bed rails, with gold leaf pin stripe. That's the dream!

Thanks for all who post here. This site is amazing, and I've learned so much already!

Here's the rust bucket before pic, so I can see my progress over time. It has doors, newer hood, etc. Just have to fix everything and put it all together:

68isgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 11:15 PM   #2
cornerstone

Re: Mark's 68 stepside Pacific Art dream

Good luck with the dream! I'll be watching.

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 02:35 PM   #3
68 C10 Driver

Please post some photos, we are all about photos here!
68 C10 Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 05:00 PM   #4
68isgreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 C10 Driver View Post
Please post some photos, we are all about photos here!
Weird, I thought I had already. Not much to see yet, just an old rusty truck. I can picture it in my mind when it's done though, and it is stunning. Here's what it looks like now. I have the doors, working on getting the engine started this week.

68isgreat is offline   Reply With Quote