The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2019, 06:26 PM   #1
FLYNAVY30

Why aren't classic Suburbans "popular"??

I just want to caveat this discussion with the statement that I love the fact that the 67-72 Suburbans are relatively rare and unpopular. This is more a discussion of why some other options are so popular.

I am a big vintage SUV fan. I love all of them. That being said, I cant figure out why Toyota FJ 40/60/62s, Ford Broncos, Land Rover Defenders are so popular, as evidence by their absurd price tags, while the Suburbans and even the Blazers of the same vintage continue to go unappreciated by most.

Especially given the increased popularity of the Overlanding and Van-Life scene as of late, the Suburban is much bigger and roomier than any of the afore mentioned vintage SUVs. I'm 6'6, 210 lbs, and I sleep quite comfortably in the back of my Suburban on camping trips with my wife and our 90 lbs German Shepherd.....good luck doing that in the Bronco you paid $40K for!!!

Additionally, given the architectural similarities between the Suburban and the ever popular C10, the availability of aftermarket parts for LS swaps, overdrive transmissions, air conditioning, and all sorts of creature comforts really makes the Suburban the best option if you're looking for a vintage SUV to modernize and take on adventures.

Anyway, I'm just looking to start a discussion with this thread. I love my Suburban, I just think its odd that more people aren't into them!
FLYNAVY30 is offline   Reply With Quote