The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-08-2024, 09:48 PM   #76
oneshotkyle

Re: Patina love

Free 350sbc today and turbo 350 trans
Attached Images

oneshotkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 03:21 AM   #77
oneshotkyle

That engine turned out to be pretty bad compression all cylinders. Then this happened today. 2009 lc9 5.3 suposssedly the dod failed and it has a bad lifter. It was replaced with a complete long block therefore missing everything in the change over but i obly paid 100 bucks lol. If the bottom end good i will dod delete and put together with a mild cam.
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2024, 10:43 AM   #78
oneshotkyle

Ls is in good shape with a collapsed lifter in #7 only. Still crosshatch and all. Parts list has been made for it but its kinda on the low priority list at this point
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2024, 10:51 AM   #79
oneshotkyle

Last night i pulled the trigger and ordered a CPP complete 6 lug disc brake conversion kit with all the goodies. Supposedly modular 2.5 drop spindles that don’t change track width. So im on the lookout for a couple k10 3 nub wheels for the front. Until i order new setup. Looking at the caster mod. I do have the a-arm cross shafts aleady, need to see where alignment hole is on the one coming out as it looks like i could only move shaft forward 1/2” or so without the interference of rubbing arm on coil bucket. Oh and i need to find a manual brake masterwoth proportioning valve. Seems i have the deeper master rod pocket from my readings
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2024, 09:22 PM   #80
oneshotkyle

And so it begins. Hate rivets lol
Attached Images

Old 04-12-2024, 06:27 PM   #81
oneshotkyle

1 notch in 1 to go
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2024, 05:16 PM   #82
oneshotkyle

Finally both sides done. Those damn rivets that go through 3 panels are the worst
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2024, 07:54 AM   #83
WorldsCrappiestTruck

Looks great. I have that same front brake kit, and the rotors hit the factory lower control arm (front crossmember). Give a search on the boards - many have had the same issue.

While you have it apart, make sure to test fit everything and look for interference on the rotor - you’ll likely need to grind down the outer face of the lower control arm.

I did start to see some commentary on different / taller ball joints from square bodies that might help in some manner, but I opted to clearance things.

Diggin’ the patina - did the same on this end.
Attached Images

WorldsCrappiestTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 11:44 AM   #84
oneshotkyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldsCrappiestTruck View Post
Looks great. I have that same front brake kit, and the rotors hit the factory lower control arm (front crossmember). Give a search on the boards - many have had the same issue.

While you have it apart, make sure to test fit everything and look for interference on the rotor - you’ll likely need to grind down the outer face of the lower control arm.

I did start to see some commentary on different / taller ball joints from square bodies that might help in some manner, but I opted to clearance things.

Diggin’ the patina - did the same on this end.
Thanks for the heads up. Still havent recieved the kit yet. Got a local car show this next weekend and then it will get disassembled and cleaned up. I so much wanted to put my 2” blocks in the rear after getting the cnotches done. Haha
Old 04-14-2024, 05:35 PM   #85
WorldsCrappiestTruck

I did 5” springs and 3” blocks in the back. By the time everything was put together, I added some pinion shims, and compared to the front right height, I wish I had gone with a 2 inch instead of a 3 inch block. I think you are on the right track.
WorldsCrappiestTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 07:19 PM   #86
oneshotkyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldsCrappiestTruck View Post
I did 5” springs and 3” blocks in the back. By the time everything was put together, I added some pinion shims, and compared to the front right height, I wish I had gone with a 2 inch instead of a 3 inch block. I think you are on the right track.
Good to hear. Im planning on front end to take a week or two, to get done and then i got this tranny to change out. Maybe ill get trans done first lol. Im indecisive
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2024, 09:12 PM   #87
oneshotkyle

So after 7 days and no shipping or tracking from CPP i sent a message. And recieved a response back in a timely manner stating they were waiting for my spindles to get in stock. Should be any day now they said and the whole order will ship at once. So glad i didnt need it or tear into it already. Lol. Guess after the car show this Saturday i will focus on the TH350 install until i see disc conversion in my hands.��*♂️
Old 04-21-2024, 05:05 PM   #88
oneshotkyle

Tear down time. Gonna re-seal the old inline 6 up and get her painted up pretty. Then attach the th350 and get ready for install. Will be removing all front suspension and get crossmember and arms blasted and powdercoated for the front end rebuild while the eng/trans is out. So this may take 2 or 3 weeks before completion. Excited to get the chassis frame stuff all done and focus on other aspects.
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2024, 11:40 PM   #89
oneshotkyle

Got my 2” blocks installed in the rear. Ass end is done till I disassemble later down the road. Decided to break down some of the front end. During disassembly i had a rubber brake line brake due to rot. Ball joints are by far the worst i have ever seen. 1/4” play in lowers and uppers are still riveted in. Truck actually tracked down the road pretty darn good too😂
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2024, 09:47 PM   #90
oneshotkyle

A little here a little there. Trying to not get burnt out. Lol. After this front suspension gone through ill be 100% driveability anywhere ha. I will be moving lower arm forward for the caster mod too. Seems i need to clearance lower arm to get a things forward 3/4”.
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2024, 09:54 PM   #91
oneshotkyle

Ready for powder tomorrow.
Attached Images