The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds 88-98

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2010, 11:29 PM   #1
NORCAL SS

Bring dads truck from 1995 to 2010 Project

This is a special truck to my dad 95 silverado he special ordered in 1994. Took 4 months to get here and its a s 95 silverado with the 350 to a 5 speed with 3.73 gears. Very rare truck. Well im making this into a Father/Son project plus since I sell djm/belltech stuff perfect time to make it handle great. I've been doing these trucks since 95 so I know the in and outs on them and making them a great handling truck.

Anyways hes been using this truck for the past 15 years and has headers/intake/full exhaust etc and he got into a accident. Perfect time for my father and I to do a project together and get it up to date for him. He hit a lifted ford ranger so completely missed his front bumper/frame but took out what you see in the pics. So the frame is cherry. The outside of the truck will have a new front clip on it but doors and bed etc are still stock so we will wet sand and buff it and try to get it the best we can. Im sure down the road ill end up repainting from front doors back anyway. The body is very str8. few minor dings and scratches but its allways garaged he never leaves it outside overnight.

I wanted a project to be simple and clean. no 4/6 drop since he uses it for work just something minor with a nice tire to fill up the wells so here we go.

Mods will be
EXTERIOR
Color matched door handles
color matched tailgate handle
color matched mirriors
front bumper no hole painted to match
color matched rear bumper
painted grill to match
2.5 inch cowl hood
All clear headlights
HID 5000K kit
all bulbs will be chrome but look amber when light up.
chrome chevy bowtie
painted all light bulb housings in silver to look cleaner when put into the euro headlights
ALL TRIM REMOVED.

Entire frame of truck was cleaned and painted Flat black. Fenderwells/springs and all suspension.

Exhaust will have to be changed painted muffler black but pipes behind it are rotted out so doing turn downs by the rear spare tire.

Suspension
DJM Front Spinldes
Rear Hotchkis 4 inch drop leafs
DJM Rear Lifting Shackle
Front Belltech Swaybar 1 3/8"
Rear Belltech Swaybar 1"
Rear Edelbrock Shocks (29 bucks I have a hookup)

Wheels/tires
Boss Motorsports 338 in Gray
20x8.5 front/20x10 rear
275 45 20 front 295 45 20 rear

Engine
Edelbrock Headers with y pipe
High flow cat
Flowmaster muffler and will be cutting rotted pipes out (thats why i didnt paint em black) and doing turndowns after the axle

Ill keep you updated.

Last edited by NORCAL SS; 03-29-2010 at 12:03 AM.
NORCAL SS is offline   Reply With Quote