The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-24-2007, 10:27 AM   #101
blukangoo
Neighborhood Pickle Slinger

Re: good question

I just got me some temporary plates so I can drive around for 5 days and see if everything is working properly.
My wife went for a couple rides with me but she didn´t want to drive the truck. She thinks it´s too big for german streets.

My C10 Diary

Our cars:
1966 Chevrolet Chevelle 396 - TH350
1968 Chevrolet C10/CST 327 TH400/375
1969 Corvette Stingray 350 - Muncie Manual Trans
1969 Chevrolet ElCamino 350 - TH400
1970 Cutlass Supreme Convertible - 350 Rocket - TH350
1973 Camaro LT - New Engine Done - TH350

1973 Corvette Convertible 454 - TH400
blukangoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:45 AM   #102
'68 C-20

My bride of 23 years and I thought we wanted a truck to tow a toy hauler to take the Bikes on trips. We lamented over the cost of used pickups (I never buy new)and how fast they dropped in value, and how much we would have to put out to get a half way decent one with less than 100k.

She said, "You used to fix up old trucks when we first got together. Could we use one of those?" I thought about it for about 3miliseconds and told her we could if we could find the right running gears we certainly could.

I started searching on the 'net, and two days later we happen to be driving to her brothers house and she points and says, "Isn't that an old truck like the one you used to have? Could we use one of those?" Sure enough I had driven right by the C20 in a driveway with the 4-sale sign in the side window.

We stopped and looked at it, it was extremly spotless for a 40 year old truck here in New Hampshire. Never been touched, (except with touch up paint) ready to drive home and restore. It is set up to haul a lot more than I will ever haul with it.

We aint restored it yet, I put a rear trailing arm in it and she wants to take it out some place every weekend! Can't get it off the road long enough to tear down.

Guess it will happen this winter. Guess ill keep em' both!
’26 Ford Model T
‘72 Triumph Spitfire 1500
'09 "The Briggs Flyer" Gettin' High.
'68 C-20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:28 PM   #103
bigblockorange

Quote:
Originally Posted by '68 C-20 View Post
My bride of 23 years and I thought we wanted a truck to tow a toy hauler to take the Bikes on trips. We lamented over the cost of used pickups (I never buy new)and how fast they dropped in value, and how much we would have to put out to get a half way decent one with less than 100k.

She said, "You used to fix up old trucks when we first got together. Could we use one of those?" I thought about it for about 3miliseconds and told her we could if we could find the right running gears we certainly could.

I started searching on the 'net, and two days later we happen to be driving to her brothers house and she points and says, "Isn't that an old truck like the one you used to have? Could we use one of those?" Sure enough I had driven right by the C20 in a driveway with the 4-sale sign in the side window.

We stopped and looked at it, it was extremly spotless for a 40 year old truck here in New Hampshire. Never been touched, (except with touch up paint) ready to drive home and restore. It is set up to haul a lot more than I will ever haul with it.

We aint restored it yet, I put a rear trailing arm in it and she wants to take it out some place every weekend! Can't get it off the road long enough to tear down.

Guess it will happen this winter. Guess ill keep em' both!
Well your one of the few that can get your girl in your truck do you have a pic with her in your truck?
Old 11-23-2007, 06:19 PM   #104
bigblockorange

Happy Thanksgiving !!
Old 11-28-2007, 02:54 AM   #105
bigblockorange

Does anyone have any good stuck in the snow w/ the ole lady story/pic's I could use a good laugh.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:19 AM   #106
bigblockorange

The season has changed let's see your best stuck in snow pictures!
Old 01-24-2008, 04:32 AM   #107
70rs/ss

Man, my wife went for rides with me when we were in college and I had a 59 GMC with hot SBC, it was fast but couldn'd whoa to good with 4-wheel drums and the single cylinder master!! I scared her way too much back then and she still remembers, I like to drive fast and a lil crazy, so she refuses to get in the Camaro, truck, Blazer, or the Harley, heck not even the quads!! Sorry no picts cause they do not exist in the universe or the next!
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:49 AM   #108
archie307

here is a story. I have a lil 93 honda civic that was having a lot of problems...well I was out taking it for a test drive and the dang thing died on me! So I give my gf a call,tell her to bring my truck so we can get the car towed home. well she was a lil hesitant but 15 min later she pulled up in my 72.Well got the tow strap hooked up and asked her if she wants to be the tower or the towee...she choose to be the tower.Gave her her a brief description on what to do...well...she did fine until we got to the driveway. I thought she was gonna stop...it was a lil dark too...so I start slowing down to proceed to stop...but she kept dragging me into the dumpster!!!well one gigantic hole in my honda's fender later........she won't drive my truck no more...
archie307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:48 AM   #109
joemacho

the first time i got my 72 gmc jimmy and brought it home my son ran outside and says to me if that was his monster truck i told him yup when he turns 18yrs old i will give it to him. i told him lets go for a ride around the block then my wife then ex wife now came home as we pulled into the drive way and tells me my turn i went inside the house for a minute went outside and my jimmy was gone along with my wife then ex wife and my son. so they realy loved it especialy with the top off.
joemacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:30 AM   #110
wibilly

i won't date a girl that's not into my old trucks-i'm i lonley man lol no realy all the girls i date like them if they don't the corvette gets them to come around to me liking the old stuff
Old 01-24-2008, 11:20 PM   #111
tmad

Funny my wife found that when she drives mine alot of you guys are looking! I think she likes that!!!! umm
tmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:41 AM   #112
bigblockorange

At least you can get your ole lady in your truck!
Old 02-03-2008, 12:59 PM   #113
odog

My 67 came from my father in law, it was his dads. My wife drov eit on the ranch as a kid when she helped feed. I asked her to back it down the hill when we were getting fire wood a few years ago, she ripped the drivers side mirror off. I wasn't freaked out because it was rough shape anyway. She laughed and began showing me all the dents and scratches she put in it as a kid. Now she is kinda excited for me to get it finished so she can drive it again.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:16 PM   #114
chevy one
Chevy One

My wife says she married me for my truck, which at the time was my grandfathers rusted out 73 1/2ton, 2WD, short. My son is still driving this and yes it is rusted "just a little more" but runs like a top. The wife rides with me all the time and even drives once and a while. Lucky I am!!!
03 Monte Carlo
I'M NOT OLD, JUST A CLASSIC!!!
chevy one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:21 PM   #115
soba_03

Well do to different work schedules it's difficult to get the GF and I home at the same time. Generally it's a weekend. When I first got the truck she looked at it and said "that should keep you busy". Well after several weeks of me being stuck under the hood or other places on the truck every time she would pull into the drive way fron work I finally got it reliable enough to make it a daily driver for myself.

So the story goes......

One weekend we are headed out to breakfast, I said you want to take the truck? "sure" It flooded out in the drive way...(prior to the carb rebuild). took the car....

Months go buy...

Again.... Breakfast... Winter time.... had the truck running in the drive..cleaning off all the heavy frost..We'll take the truck..and we make it out of the driveway she says " this is a really cool old truck" I smiled and said yeah it is.... had a great breakfast and wouldn't you know... in the restraunt parking lot, it won't start, battery dead (bad cell) New battery, maybe this weekend... I'll make her drive it...LOL
soba_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:42 AM   #116
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

Mine will drive the blazer as long as the top is off it,and the 7deuce was not on the road long enough when I met her to let her drive it......

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:53 AM   #117
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

When the 70 ran, my wife could not figure out the 3 on the tree. She's not real great with a clutch either. The manual steering was another factory. Thus I have a an automatic, power a steering and brakes added to the ole girl when ever she gets back on the road. Of course I had to add a V8 to handle all those accessories so my wife could share the driving privileges.

She wants nothing to do with the dirty part of vehicles, but she does like cruising and driving my trucks (once in a while). Unfortunately my wife/accountant is a 4 door car person, and trucks are my area, but she lets me go with it, so we are good!

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:40 AM   #118
bigblockorange

Well let's see your best stuck in snow picture!
Old 03-18-2008, 11:09 PM   #119
bigblockorange

Ttt
Old 03-19-2008, 12:36 AM   #120
michael bustamante

one day my girl used my truck to help move something to her sisters house. When she got home she told that guys were wanting to talk to her to get her # and such,( good thing the window regulators were broke at the time) I told her its just cuz they wanted to buy the truck from her, but now she`ll use the truck everyonce and a while and everytime she says she gets compliments on how good she looks driving my 67.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:37 PM   #121
bigblockorange

Spring is here the ole lady still won't get in the truck!
Old 04-22-2008, 02:54 PM   #122
bigblockorange

Anyone going to Carlisle next weekend?
Old 06-16-2008, 07:33 AM   #123
bigblockorange

I'm visiting Wichita falls Texas for a few week are there any members near here?
Old 06-16-2008, 09:39 AM   #124
Hair

My wife and her sister on my tailgate.
Attached Images

Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:49 AM   #125
70~BigBlock~Project

I actually bought my (our) '70 because a 1970 c-10 was the first truck my girlfriend ever restored and she was always talking about how much she regretted selling it. So now we have a project we can both enjoy working on. I don't have any pics of her in the truck, but I do have some pics somewhere of her welding on our old '57 Belair...

I guess I'm pretty lucky, my girlfriend has been a mechanic for over 7 years, worked in a shop building race engines for about 3 years, and is a good enough welder that you don't dare mention the fact that she's a girl when rating her welds. She loves old cars, old truck and motorcyles and won't own a vehicle unless it has a manual transmission.
2004 Dodge Ram...did he say "Dodge"...
70~BigBlock~Project is offline   Reply With Quote