The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-24-2015, 01:03 PM   #1
Geos 72

Talking lowering my truck

Hello to everyone, this summer I plan to lower my 72 Chevy C10 pickup. I heard these trucks came 2" higher in the rear than in the front right from the factory. I'd like my truck to be level. I don't think they make a 2" coil spring for the back so I guess I would have to lower the front 2 inches and put 4" coil springs in the rear. If I did it that way would I need to use lowering spindles and coil springs for the front? I don't want to lower it to the ground, just enough so that it sits level and not so much space between the top of the tire and the wheel well. Please excuse me if it sounds like I don't know much about this because I don't. I'm just learning and could use all the help and advice I can get. To anyone that did this to your truck pictures would help a great deal. I thank and appreciate all that reply.
Geos 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 02:53 PM   #2
Sklptrljay

Re: lowering my truck

If you just want to level it you could use 2 inch lowering blocks in the rear and leave the stock springs. If you want it lower than that you will need to buy some aftermarket springs for the rear at least. The front can be cut, you can buy lowering springs, or you can use a drop spindle. Depending on what you want in a drop and maintaining your geometry will guide your choice there.

I would recommend you do a search on it here as there are a LOT of threads about lowering our trucks.

Personally I would recommend you talk to the guys at Early Classic Enterprises, they are a top notch company to deal with.

1972 GMC 4X4 K1500 Survivor - Sold

No matter what problems life throws at you, your time on Earth can be incredibly fulfilling and rewarding.....if you just lower your expectations. -Phil Dunphy
Sklptrljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 04:21 PM   #3
Geos 72

Re: lowering my truck

Thank you Sklptrljay, I will do that.
Geos 72 is offline   Reply With Quote