The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-11-2019, 12:56 PM   #1
daddyjeep

Re: Restoring Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatzie View Post
Gregski
Have you seen this BS about Sacramento County Zoning coming after homeowners for doing work in their garages? Hopefully it's a bad joke or internet baloney.
https://www.powernationtv.com/post/s...our-own-garage
I really don't know why people still choose to live in that state.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=786514
daddyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 03:42 PM   #2
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjeep View Post
More & more are moving to TX. I went to look @ a house (that was set-up w/the car guys needs in mind) yesterday morning only to find out they got a cash offer from someone coming from Cali using internet pics/info only.

This is the 3rd time it's happened to me . . …..
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:21 AM   #3
Gregski
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
More & more are moving to TX. I went to look @ a house (that was set-up w/the car guys needs in mind) yesterday morning only to find out they got a cash offer from someone coming from Cali using internet pics/info only.

This is the 3rd time it's happened to me . . …..
yeah I also hear Californians move to a new state like Texas or Colorado and slowly start turning that place into California 👎🏼
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 08:51 PM   #4
MikeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
yeah I also hear Californians move to a new state like Texas or Colorado and slowly start turning that place into California 👎🏼
And that was probably only some of their their equity in the CA house!

Prices are going nuts out here in North Texas, but still way less than CA. I'm looking to move to a more rural area north of Fort Worth where they are building new 2400-3000 sq ft homes on 0.5-0.7 acre lots for around $150-$160 sq ft, including 3-car garages. 3-4 years ago it would have been $120/ft.

A good thing is the city ordinances allow "outbuildings" such as 2-car garages behind the house.
1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 23 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:43 AM   #5
Gregski
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
Prices are going nuts out here in North Texas, but still way less than CA. I'm looking to move to a more rural area north of Fort Worth where they are building new 2400-3000 sq ft homes on 0.5-0.7 acre lots for around $150-$160 sq ft, including 3-car garages. 3-4 years ago it would have been $120/ft.
watch out for HOAs (Home Owner Associations) latest thing in Sacramento is the city is trying to pass a law restricting home owners from wrenching on their on cars in their own garages, mother _________!!!
Old 10-11-2019, 11:30 AM   #6
MikeB

Quote:
watch out for HOAs (Home Owner Associations) latest thing in Sacramento is the city is trying to pass a law restricting home owners from wrenching on their on cars in their own garages, mother _________!!!
I know a guy who lives in a subdivision where you can't work on a car in your own garage. Absolutely nuts! God forbid you open you hood to check fluid levels.

And my daughter just bought a house where cars can't be parked overnight on the street. Not sure what that means for overnight guests.

I definitely will read any HOA rules, but they tend to be minimal or non-existent in semi-rural areas where homes are built on 0.5-2 acres lots.
1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 23 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 12:28 AM   #7
Ad Cam

Quote:
I'd keep on wrenching and lawyer up.
Ad Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:19 AM   #8
Gregski
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjeep View Post
true, can't wait to retire and move out, next month our son starts college in Oregon! 👍🏼