The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-15-2020, 08:36 PM   #1
cherokeejohn

Shipper Recommendations?

Hello all, it's been quite awhile since I've been active on the forum here, My apologies for that. My wife and I are in the final processes of buying our first, hopefully last, homestead. Finally we'll have a place to raise our family on a beautiful riverfront homestead and a shop of my own. In the coming months I will be making several trips back and forth from N. Florida to Maryland moving our belongings. My 72 is nowhere near ready for a 1,000 mile road trip and I've got another smaller Blazer for a daily driver that I'm going to have shipped. We are hauling everything else fine with our K5, but the "ol girl" cant handle a load like those two. So anyone one here have anyone they use personally, references, or know where a good safe reliable source can be found. Once I get the 72 down here , I'll have a proper shop to work out of and finally can give her the restoration she deserves. Any info is appreciated. Thanks
cherokeejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 01:32 PM   #2
Bones72Super

Re: Shipper Recommendations?

Member Joesjunk recommended Michael Walker transport as he has used his services many times. He was a little more expensive than some other companies but worth it. When I shipped my non operational K2500 from Oregon to Texas it was by far the best experience I have had with transport. Great communication and was delivered on time.

Michael Walker 314 974 5833
Old 07-19-2020, 09:19 AM   #3
cherokeejohn

Re: Shipper Recommendations?

Bones72, thank you so much. I'll take reliability and trust over price any day. I'll be contacting him on Monday for a quote. Thanks again, and I'll tell them that they were recommended by you and on this forum
cherokeejohn is offline   Reply With Quote