The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-09-2011, 10:42 PM   #1201
Rokcrln

Re: LFD's low buck truck build!

So after I am happy with the set up I will pull the grill and start cutting holes in the radiator support for fresh air then drop in a K&N filter and be on my way.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Attached Images

Last edited by Rokcrln; 01-09-2011 at 10:44 PM.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:52 PM   #1202
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Nice work, as always. I think you'll like the new setup. The LS motors are a huge advance from the LTs...

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:42 PM   #1203
Rokcrln

Well the air box, intake, clutch fan and shroud are all complete so now I can pull the front end again and finish things up. I need to do my exhaust, fuel lines, A/C, heater hoses and wiring. My mini 20 kit came in this week so I can start running wires and get this thing closer to being back on the road.

I also make an AirBox kit for "drewskiren" for his crew cab project and in exchange he is sending me a 6.0L Denali engine cover set for LowBuk!

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Attached Images

Old 01-15-2011, 04:43 PM   #1204
Rokcrln

Almost forgot I still need to build the battery box and run new brake lines and I may even finally paint my rusty master cylinder!

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Attached Images

Old 01-15-2011, 06:33 PM   #1205
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcrln View Post
Almost forgot I still need to build the battery box and run new brake lines and I may even finally paint my rusty master cylinder!

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Everything looks great. A factory auxillary battery box works great....
Attached Images

Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:13 PM   #1206
drewskiren
Lucky Teter at the wheel

Kevin,

Got your engine covers pulled off. It looks like you need the rear middle plastic mount for the middle cover to snap into. I'll send you that too, but one of the tabs is cracked. (The wreck caused the engine to smack the cowl panel.) I'll send them Monday.
Attached Images

YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN (Finished with MAJOR Surgery - IT'S ALIVE!!!)

The Bride is currently under the knife!

Last edited by drewskiren; 01-15-2011 at 10:14 PM.
drewskiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:08 AM   #1207
Rokcrln

Cool and I can work with a cracked tab. I will need any hardware that it needs to mount as my intake does not have any studs or mounting hardware.
Your parts are all boxed and will ship out Tuesday since the post office here will be closed for MLK day.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:43 AM   #1208
watahyahknow

they have some 2 component stuff and another system using a painstripper and bars of plastic (like a hot gluegun) over here in europe to repair plastic bumpers it works whell and can be sanded down too , you prolly could reinforce and fix cracks with that
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2...t/ATT00324.jpg

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:23 PM   #1209
Rokcrln

Quote:
Originally Posted by watahyahknow View Post
they have some 2 component stuff and another system using a painstripper and bars of plastic (like a hot gluegun) over here in europe to repair plastic bumpers it works whell and can be sanded down too , you prolly could reinforce and fix cracks with that
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2...t/ATT00324.jpg
My thoughts exactly! We are on the same page.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:09 AM   #1210

This truck just keeps gettin better.....
All right, I took the plunge and hacked my longbed. Thanks for your 'how-to'. You saved me countless headaches and time.
One question, however. I'm about to order some panel clamps but was curious how you remove them after tacking around them?

Last edited by 5150.4.67; 01-19-2011 at 02:11 AM.
5150.4.67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:41 AM   #1211
heeroyue2002
fat old dude

your hood look like my hood. (all the paw prints)
Accepting part donations
heeroyue2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:13 AM   #1212
tobiahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150.4.67 View Post
This truck just keeps gettin better.....
All right, I took the plunge and hacked my longbed. Thanks for your 'how-to'. You saved me countless headaches and time.
One question, however. I'm about to order some panel clamps but was curious how you remove them after tacking around them?
They have a small piece or square stock on the side opposite the wingnut that provides the clamping force. you can't use these in a blind or enclosed area you have to be able to reach the back to install them. see http://www.jefflilly.com/Fabrication...-hot-rod/8.JPG for some installed both directions on one panel
or http://www.eastwood.com/media/catalo...6e95/p354a.jpg for better pics of the clamps

and here's someone that made their own http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1649
tobiahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:26 AM   #1213

OK, thanks. Wasn't sure the square stock was removable.....
Hope I'm not highjackin, but I have to show LFD my appreciation...here are some pics.
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2011, 06:03 PM   #1214
drewskiren
Lucky Teter at the wheel

Quote:
Cool and I can work with a cracked tab. I will need any hardware that it needs to mount as my intake does not have any studs or mounting hardware.
Your parts are all boxed and will ship out Tuesday since the post office here will be closed for MLK day.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Studs stay on the covers and go right into the bosses I see on your engine. Its all there.

Got my package today, make sure you show us/me the cold air intake hole when you cut it!

Old 01-20-2011, 11:02 PM   #1215
Rokcrln

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150.4.67 View Post
OK, thanks. Wasn't sure the square stock was removable.....
Hope I'm not highjackin, but I have to show LFD my appreciation...here are some pics.
Nice job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewskiren View Post
Studs stay on the covers and go right into the bosses I see on your engine. Its all there.

Got my package today, make sure you show us/me the cold air intake hole when you cut it!
I will and I also need to get you the cut out location for your AirBox if you can't figure it out. Let me know.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:25 PM   #1216
Rokcrln

Thanks to Drew my engine now can hide it's stock ugly self! The cover fits great and with the engine slid back 2 1/2" it really looks like a stock application. It's funny I had a guy stop buy that knows the fabrication work that I can do with street rods and other builds and he asked me what I went the stock route with my own personal truck. He felt it should show case my abilities. Then I spent the next hour showing him every little item that was tweaked or modified from stock. His response was WOW if you did not know better you would think it was an almost stock truck. My response was Thank You!

That just all got me to thinking how much time I spend to make things look stock when it would be less time to trick them out. But I guess I like the sleeper stock-ish look of things from time to time. Plus this build will never go out of style.

So I first tried on my new A/C fittings from Doc's Block's and they fit great and my frame does not need to be cut at all. I will be able to rout my A/C lines from the front for a real clean look.

Then came the engine cover and that really tops things off
Things have been slow as I am trying to complete a 3yr customer project here very soon so I can get onto more of my own projects as well as things I have said I would do for people but have not yet gotten to. I should be back on my truck soon.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Attached Images

Old 01-25-2011, 12:06 PM   #1217
drewskiren
Lucky Teter at the wheel

Quote:
Thanks to Drew my engine now can hide it's stock ugly self! The cover fits great and with the engine slid back 2 1/2" it really looks like a stock application. It's funny I had a guy stop buy that knows the fabrication work that I can do with street rods and other builds and he asked me what I went the stock route with my own personal truck. He felt it should show case my abilities. Then I spent the next hour showing him every little item that was tweaked or modified from stock. His response was WOW if you did not know better you would think it was an almost stock truck. My response was Thank You!

That just all got me to thinking how much time I spend to make things look stock when it would be less time to trick them out. But I guess I like the sleeper stock-ish look of things from time to time. Plus this build will never go out of style.

So I first tried on my new A/C fittings from Doc's Block's and they fit great and my frame does not need to be cut at all. I will be able to rout my A/C lines from the front for a real clean look.

Then came the engine cover and that really tops things off
Things have been slow as I am trying to complete a 3yr customer project here very soon so I can get onto more of my own projects as well as things I have said I would do for people but have not yet gotten to. I should be back on my truck soon.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
!!! Man that looks nice. You know, my grandfather had one of those JUST LIKE that!!!!!

NOT!

Last edited by drewskiren; 01-25-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:27 PM   #1218
Rokcrln

Sorry it has been awhile since my last post of progress but their has been progress. My camera batteries died today after 1 pic so it will have to wait for another day. But here is a list of what is done so far.
1) Motor is in and fires up!!! Sounds sweet with the 3" single Flowmaster.
2) Tied in the new Manifolds to my existing exhaust system.
3) In stalled the LS1 fuel pump into my 80's Blazer tank and ran the Vett fuel regulator for the tank return line as well as the single out to the motor.
4) I have about half the new harness for the vehicle installed so far and the EFI harness is complete minus the CC wire's. The front of the truck is all wired and complete. I spent some time running new wires through the new harness for added grounds to each location plus added hots and keyed hots for the computer harness. It has been a lot of work but it is turning out real clean. Boy these trucks sure did not leave much room for the wiring of today!
5) Completed all motor, trans, air intake, radiator and misc hok up and it looks great.
6) I installed and bleed the brakes and re-routed the lines for the new proportioning valve and it really cleaned things up.

As for what is left to do before driving, Finish vehicle wiring and tie everything up nice and tight. Mod my current gauge housing to accept the electric speedo I ordered last night. I was going to replace the entire set up but I could not justify the cost when I think the speedo set up I am going to do should look clean enough for now. Then get the new A/C lines crimped and charged then melt off some tires.

Pics to come soon.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:54 PM   #1219

Awesome. Look forward to the pics!
Old 02-22-2011, 11:21 PM   #1220
Rokcrln

Ok here are a few pics I took tonight before it got dark. First 3 are self explanatory, next one is what little is left of the wires to hook up. Then the new speedo gauge and my bad a$$ new wiper set up from NewPort Engineering, it has 4 speed settings as well as adjustable intermittent delay and washers. It is a very well made unit and comes with its own harness that you just have 2 wires to hook up and you are on the road. Best part is the company is owned by a small family and they all really know their stuff. Even Mom who answers the phone and takes the orders new every question I asked and schooled me on the system as well. More pics and feed back on this to come as I install and test it out because my truck gets used year round!

Then on to a side project I am still designing, my roadster pick up and here is the motor a 1939 flat head ford V8 and it runs like a dream. Then my sons half scale of the same vehicle I am starting to finish up for him in my spare time LOL.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2011, 11:23 PM   #1221
Rokcrln

And a few more.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2011, 11:25 PM   #1222
Rokcrln

Plans are to finish up the bed, hood, grill and hood sides then add an electric motor in back and a half scale Flat head up front that will act as the engine cover.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2011, 11:35 PM   #1223
abebummy26

Newport engineering is literally 8 minutes from my house they are good guys.

1987 GMC S15 (soon to be a chevy clone)
2.5l, 4 speed, no ps, no pb, no ac

Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.

Spoken by Cletus the hillbilly
I like stickers... a whole bunch.
abebummy26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:47 PM   #1224
watahyahknow

very nice todrod , a former neighbor used to make his own electric motors out of car alternator's he rewired them in a certain way or took sum ting out I'm not sure anymore , these are nice and compact cheap , available and can either do a belt drive or a chain drive found this when i googled for it ..... http://www.fossilfreedom.com/alternator-conversion.html and this :
a golf cart would be a good donor too , you could prolly put the whole rear axle/engine setup the gas pedal and the controller brakes and the front suspension in the rod

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts

Last edited by watahyahknow; 02-22-2011 at 11:48 PM.
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:03 AM   #1225
mcbassin
Still Learning

Hey, those are some nice looking parts. Glad to read you got the engine running too.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote